• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

What are your cavalier's favourite toys?

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
I thought a list would give people some ideas of toys to buy and try (or things that you can find around the home).

Here is what Jaspar and Leo especially like:

Things around the home:

1) toilet roll and paper towel roll cores -- they love chasing and eventially shredding the cardboard cores. I have been known to sneak them from the Ladies at work, too -- they have the industrial-strength cores and the dogs really like those as chew toys! Milk cartons (cleaned!) and egg crates are also appreciated.

2) plastic soda bottles. Large or small (small are nice for puppies too). They love chasing these and carrying them by the neck. They skid all around the floor too for extra fun.

Things purchased:

1) almost any squeaky toy

2) soft toys they can shred. When I had only Jaspar, a stuffed toy would last ages and he liked ones with squeakers or other noises inside. Now he and Leo play tug of war with all stuffed toys so they don;t last long but they both are delighted with de-stuffing the things eventuall (very messy but a quick clean up). I buy soft toys at charity shops for them as they don;t last long. Supervise and also cut off any hard plastic eyes or noses etc that could be swallowed.

3) mini tennis balls. Also sometimes sold as cat balls. Petedge.com has them, very cheap, if you are in the US! The perfect cavalier sized ball and they are obsessed with these (but the go under furniture easily and then they will bark til you fecth it out for them).

4) balls or other objects on ropes, that can be thrown and fetched.

My two are into the same things as yours Karlin.

They love empty bottles.

Bonnie has a thing for flower pots and, as you may have noticed last night, there are no potted plants in our house for this reason! she'll pick them up and shake everything out.

Keith bought them a wind up hamster in a ball that knocks off everything and they chase this for ages.

They have a bouncy ball that lights up and, long after we've gone to bed, you can sometimes hear them jumping round the sitting room in the dark after this flashing ball!

Toilet paper cores! My Patches LOVED those, he would go in the bathroom & look at the roll to see if it looked empty. And if someone made the mistake of throwing one away instead of giving it to him he would knock over the trash can to get it out. He would chase & kick that thing around for hours! so funny! :badgrin:

Geez, I may just have to try empty plastic bottles and toliet paper rolls for Abbey , sounds like a party favorite!

Her favorites are any plush, squeeky toy. She goes nuts for them!
Her Kong and Twist-a-Treat stuffed with veggies are her favorite treat toys.
Her best toy has to be the small, furry mice that we buy for the cats. We find thier scalped, eye-less bodies everywhere! We finally busted her during an incident, and when she jumped off the couch, two more hairless, eye-less bodies fell out from under the pillow she was on!! Apparently she's into hoarding as well. icon_whistling

Our dogs favorite is between the liner from a cereal box (with a few crumbs left) and an octopus plush toy. You have to be careful to watch them all the time with the liner because it is potentially a suffocation hazard. With the octopus toy we have had as many as 5 dogs at one time pulling in opposite directions on the tentacles.

Maxx loves loo roll inners too - must be a Cavalier thing LOL

His all time favourite 'baby' though is a plush rottweiler puppy that he got in the post from my Mum about 4 years ago. The smelly thing has had both eyes & its nose chewed off & sewn back up again and now has only got three legs!

He even has to take it in the car with him when we go out :roll: He rather likes a large soft velvety plush rabbit and a black and white panda that came from Ikea - he stole both of these from the kids so being 'loot' they're obviously better than anything.

Maxx won't have anything that squeaks so we have to remove any squeakers and actually has 3 spare bags of toys in the garage as well as his toy box in the lounge - how spoilt is that eh?

This was the funniest thing to read .... yes I think all cavaliers LOVE the toilet roll .... then I'm sure that's applicable for all dogs ...

Gizmo loves the plastic bottles.. he runs with them hanging from the side of his mouth so it looks like a giant cigar !!!

And of course it's almost the size of him so that adds to the "look" !!

harry too likes pop bottles (either empty or full he doesn't care :roll: )
toilet roll tubes, and.......................................................
...................................................................................
..................................................................................

dirty underwear :oops: icon_yikes

Ours like similar things too - although Rupert's favourites are any that dispense FOOD!! Eg a buster cube

Teddy loves cuddlies, he carries them about. He also loves fleece tug toys {I got mine from http://petcraftproject.proboards24.com/index.cgi?board=sales although there aren't any listed at the moment}

IMG_0841.jpg

Teddy also eats tissues LOL

Audrey loves plastic bottles, squeaky toys, nylabones, and toilet and kitchen paper inner rolls- but best of all- toilet paper, kleenex, and paper towels!!!! Shreds everywhere if we are not looking!!!!!!!

Nicki said:
Teddy also eats tissues LOL

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh I wonder if he's been e-mailing Maxx for tips, Nicki! Maxx's favourite pastime is to sneak into the kids' bedrooms and empty their bins of tissues. These are then shredded all over the house - usually when I've just finished vacuuming :roll: :D

Oh good I can blame Maxx for that one then :lol:

Rupert used to do this too...sadly TedBear seems to have picked up their bad habits rather than the good ones :oops:

BALLOONS! Cloe just loves when i bring her home a helieum balloon! she catches the string and brings it down and tries to catch it, when they run out of helium and start to drop she catches them and scares us when she bursts them!!!! the first time she burst it she nearly hit the roof!!!!!

and a tennis ball is the absoloute favourite.

but we cant stop playing with her if we stop once we start she will bark untill we play!!!!

All mine love the toilet roll inside. The two ruby's LOVE tissues - the dirtier the better. ..yuk !

They're the only things in the house.

Outside the house -their favourite toys are leaves from the plants in my mums garden... lol

Purchased toys... They love the laser toy - can't get enough of it.
Ruby loves her squeaky chicken - the only toy she hasn't destroyed yet !
Bailey loves anything squeaky - the higher the pitch of the squeak the more mad for it he goes.

My older two that are 8 don't actually play with any purchased toys, they just like the toilet rolls which is really strange.

Toliet paper shredding must be a Cavalier thing because I catch Scarlett skulking around the bathroom doors trying to sneak in to have herself a shredding party! Her second favorite toy is her AFLAC duck. She is on her second one. She chewed the face off the first one, and it just looked so macabre that I had to throw it away. :D She tosses it up in the air so it will yell AFLAC. She just loves that!

I spent about E40 on toys for Cody over the weekend and the only thing she'll play with is a fabric covered squeaky bone that cost E1 :roll: She also has a thing for the cats toy mice, so we've had to hide most of them :lol:

i need to get some more milk for pups at the weekend, and need to get pups something to bite on as my hand is no longer an option!!!!! last ngiht they thought that sleeping Max was a good target for the teeth!! he lept and then tried to play with them, he managed to stun them to sleep with his darting....

does any one elses cavalier dart......
tear up and down the living room or streatch of floor like a mad thing!!!!! its really funny!!! especially when you have 2 of them doing it and they skid, [even on carpet!] going to get a squeeky toy as cloe loves them

yep my jasmine skids all over the floors everywhere cause they are all wood..its so funy to watch, and her fav toys are a toy i originally bought for my budgies which is like a tiny square shaped thing with a bell in it, and she also has stolen one of the bouncy balls that belongs to the cats, and sometimes we hide it and its a scream to see her going all over the livingroom trying to find it, and she gets cross and starts to snort.

After reading all this i tought i'd give Roxy a toilet paper inner to play with!
She loves them!!!! Chews them to pieces!!!
She's a bit afraid of squeaky toys at the moment, but her favoutite toy is the cats favourite cat nip toy. I think she just likes it cause she knows the cat will chase her for it!!!!
She loves to play with just about anything she is not meant to play with!!!

Back