• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Hi from Wicklow, Ireland

Sam

We have a 3 year old bleinheim male Cavalier called Sam.
He is very friendly and playful and loves lots of attention.
We are thinking of purchasing a playmate for him and we would like to know if anybody has done this and how did they get on together.
Just found this site by chance and find it excellent.
Love all the photos of all the other Cavaliers and would like to know how to add our own photo below our username. icon_drivingcar

icon_welcome to you and Sam.

Looking forward to seeing some photos...do you have a photo hosting site such a www.photobucket.com ?

You can then copy and paste the IMG code from underneath the photos and this will bring up the photo.

If you go into your profile - accessed from the top of any page, and scroll down to Avatar control panel, this tells you the size etc

Hope this helps!

We have three Cavaliers now, and haven't ever had a problem introducing new ones, although a lot depends on temperament. Most Cavaliers do love the company of other animals, particularly other Cavaliers. Do you ever have other dogs to visit or stay? That would give you an indication of how Sam is with other dogs.

Welcome fellow wicklower !!

My 2 older cavaliers are 8 years old and I couldn't bring them to live with me cos they didn't want to stay in my house !!

Anyway, I got 2 cavaliers about 3/4 months ago (6 months old and 1.5 years). When I introduced them to the other dogs the older dogs just weren't interested and growled and ran away.

Well, its like a completely different house now when I bring my younger dogs to my parents. They all lick each other, play with each other and don't act at all strange. The even stranger thing is - Ritzi who is 8 has given up her lazy ways and has become so alive since the puppies came on the scene. She joins in the barking and playing and its like she's young again!!

I really think though, cavaliers really like company of other dogs, so I think its a great idea to get a fellow playmate. Even if Sam doesn't take to the dog at first, he'll get used to it after a while...

icon_welcome

We also have a male blenheim called Sam who'll be 2 next month. We now have Bonnie, just turned 6 months and they get on like a house on fire. they really bouce off each other, literally :?

icon_welcome Glad you found the site. I added Leo my second dog (Jaspar's half-brother) when Leo was about 10 months old. They are 5 weeks apart in age. Best thing I did -- they have so much fun together! It can take a little while for the resident dog to adjust to having a friend though -- then they usually never look back. :) They have a form of companionship together that they never have with humans and I think mentally, a dog companion makes a much richer life for a dog.

icon_welcome Sam,

Cavaliers must be one of the most amenable breeds on the planet! I have had five males together and not a squabble, there are not too many other breeds that you can say that about. I also think they love the company of their own kind and will enjoy playing together and cuddling up together.
What could be better than the love of a Cavalier except double Cavalier love?
Looking forward to seeing your photos.
Warm wishes,
Ruth

Ruth said:
icon_welcome Sam,

What could be better than the love of a Cavalier except double Cavalier love?

Ruth

FIVE times cavalier love, Ruth :lol: Have you seen my pic of Charlie whom I'm hoping is going to come and live with us and be Maxx's new playmate? Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Welcome Sam. Cavaliers usually love other Cavalier company but my Maxx prefers the company of boys to girls. I think it's because the females are usually more dominant and he's a real wuzzy!

Back