• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fright of my life!

fuzzie bear

I had Ruby and Bailey in my parents all last week. They live in a house that backs onto a forestry.

I had the side of the house blocked off so they couldn't get around the back as we have no fence at the bottom of the garden.

Ritzi and Ginger are so used to it and they never stray as they know where they're bread is buttered !

Anyway, somehow - we're not sure they got around the back and disappeared down the valley.

So I'm in my pyjamas shouting over the back for them and not a noise and I'm going mad... so I have to drive around the back of the forestry. So i'm running everywhere calling them in my slippers. I meet this really handsome man and I haven't even brushed my hair... so I have him and his dogs looking out. And theres not a sign, so i'm phoning friends to come down and help look and its starting to get dark. I'm trapsing through bushes and jumping over thistles and still not a peep. My throat was sore from the shouting.

I get to the end of the forestry to where there is a house and the road begins and I can hear barking and I know its them. So I run up and they've met another dog and are going ballistic. I'm calling them and they're running away from me back into the woods. They're not even listening to me calling as they're having whey too much fun.

I'm running like a lunatic for them before they get onto the road and I think my heart is failing ! I eventually get hold of one and stick on the lead and then another 10 minutes after more running I get the second one.

They are covered from paw to back in mud.... so filthy you would nearly not recognise them ;o) And they think its hilarious, they've had the most fun day in their life and I've had the opposite.

So I just thank god that I managed to catch up with them. If they hadn't have met up with that dog, who knows what would have happened to them. The forestry and fields go on for miles....

So now theres double gates everywhere so they can't escape... little toe rags.... lol

What a fright, must be everyone's worst nightmare but thank goodness they are back safe and sound.
Ruth

My heart was in my throat as I was reading this. How incredibly scary. I remember babysitting for my friend's kids and they disappeared. Well, I was calling them with fright in my voice that scared them, so, they were hiding between the cars in the driveway. They knew by the tone in my voice that I was upset. I try to keep that in mind (although, I don't know I could have done that in your situation) when I'm calling. Use my "happy" voice.

Oh goodness what a scare :(

So pleased you managed to find them in the end, it's terrifying how quickly something like this can happen.

I know it's hard at the time, but if they are looking at you, and not coming back, maybe try running the other way - sometimes they will follow, as if you chase them, they think it's a game.

Hope it never happens again anyway - sounds like you have it all secured now.

WHAT A NIGHTMARE icon_yikes icon_yikes .....and the fact that they had a forest to go into doesnt even bear thinking about.....i am so glad you found them safe and well, the little devils having so much fun, and you were on the verge of a breakdown.....

Isn't that just typical Cavalier? You're having nightmares and they look at you as if to say 'What?'

So glad you got them home safe and sound, if a little dirty :?

I can't imagine how scared and nervous you must of been, Thank goodness they found another furkid that distracted them.
Glad all ended well for everyone, I have never trusted Dudley
off leash he would take off the minute he saw a squirrel, bird or anything that moved.

Back