Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: peas n carrots

Post Thanks / Like

I know what you mean about finding quality food in a small town! We have three pet shops in town, each of them is really quite small. Two of the three sell puppies (as well as an assortment of birds, fish, hampsters, etc. etc.). They do not sell quality food hardly at all--but what do you really expect if they sell animals in petstores? The third store is a bit better; this is where we finally found Wellness and Natures Variety Ultra. (They dont sell dogs/cats, rabbits, etc., either. Go figure.) The store isnt very large, though. They seem to sell more of the Science Diet food. The others are stuck on a little shelf at the back!

The closest big, discount dog store is in Topeka, an hour from where we live. So the Internet will be our next step if the Wellness doesnt work out.

Post Thanks / Like

Well the darling little rescue we've just adopted is a nightmare with his food.

Maxx has always been so good and wolfs down his James Wellbeloved. Charlie however, only likes fresh chicken and this food that I can only describe as the junk food of the dog world.

I am slowly trying to wean him off it but he's so stubborn I think he'd rather starve then eat the decent stuff LOL

Post Thanks / Like

Oh dear! These little dogs can be such a challange. You just can't fool those sharp little noses! Good luck with Charlie, I just know you will succeed and convince him better is good!

Post Thanks / Like

I have no idea how that little devilish guy got in my last post. I didn't plan on him being there! Sorry!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default additions to food

salt free canned green beans
    yogurt
    grated carrots
    cooked chicken livers