• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Shouldn't tempt fate but....

Maxxs_Mummy

Maxx and I have just been to meet a lovely little boy who we hope is going to come and live with us :D

His name is Charlie and his Mummy has died after a fall so he is living with her daughter at present but they are farmers and it's not ideal for him as he needs a warm home and company throughout the day.

Maxx is extremely smitten and so am I. He's coming to play for a few hours on Monday to see how he likes being here. So, fingers crossed please :D

Isn't he just gorgeous? He's only 18mths old.....

Charlie1.jpg

Good luck to you and hope all goes well on monday with Charlie. He certainly looks a charmer and wouldn't it be nice for Maxx to have a play mate. Let us know how it goes!

Thanks Julie, I fell in love with him the minute I saw him. The best thing of all is that hubby is in total agreeance :lol:

Charlie is very nervous but a lovely affectionate little boy - just what we need with Maxx as he's exactly the same :~)

Good luck Donna and Maxx....Charlie is beautiful and looks like he could use lots of love and hugs!!!! Keep us posted on how it goes.

ooooh, how exciting for you and maxx. icon_banana He adorable, (looks very like my foster Molly). I really hope it all goes well for you.

I'm so happy for you; I hope it works out and he stays. How perfect for him!
I'm curious to hear how Maxx adjusts. Maybe instead of laying in front of the door each day waiting for the mail to fall on his head he'll get up and play a bit! Everytime I think of that story it makes me laugh!! :lol:

He still does it Jen, he'll never learn! Our postlady has learned now not to post anything heavy through the letterbox in case she knocks him out :roll: Instead, she rings the bell and puts it behind the flower pot. Maxx then sits by the glass pane and paws it trying to get the goodies from the post!

I think he'll be OK actually. He got really excited yesterday when we went to visit Charlie but if he's not then he'll have to come around! He's extremely spolied and lazy and I think it'll do him good to have a playmate. My oldest said Maxx will be disgusted to think he's not an 'only dog' any more just like he was when we presented him with a new brother :lol:

Agghh Donna the suspense is too much for me...HOW DID IT GO????

Charlie is such a handsome boy - fell in love with him from the photo icon_heartthrob Poor wee fellow has had a poor start, but hopefully this is the beginning of a wonderful new life for him.

We've paws and icon_crssedfingers here...just desperate for the news :)

Just a flying visit....

All went wonderfully well but his foster mummy only left him for an hour, he was just settling down when she came back again. He's coming again on wednesday but this time for the afternoon :D

I'm hoping she'll trust me enough to have him for a whole day or weekend soon and then hopefully soon after that he can move in :D :D :D

Maxx adores him though and when Charlie didn't want to play he just found his teddy that I'd hidden and slunk off to his bed for a cuddle. Ten minutes later they were both asleep about 6 inches from each other :D

Oh Donna I'm pleased all seemed to go well with your visit from Charlie. I'm sure introducing them as playmates to start with is a good way for Maxx to except him into his home for good :D

How did it feel for you having two around your home and what did hubby have to say about it all?

Hi Julie,

Having two is much better than having one - I have had 7 here before now!!!!

Maxx accepts any dog that comes in, he's no problem at all as long as he gets his walks and his fuss he's very, very friendly and doesn't know how to growl - he rarely barks either.

It's usually other dogs coming in to stay or whatever that pick on him as he's such a wuzz but Charlie has the same temperament so it's going to be lovely - I can't wait to have him here to live :D

Oh yeah, and hubby is pleased I've found Charlie as we know beforehand what his temperament is etc & even more pleased that he and Maxx get on :D

Oh thank goodness Donna, I was really worried when I didn't hear :(

Hope you have a wonderful time on Wednesday, and it won't be long before Charlie arrives with his suitcase...

I'm posting the parcel to you tomorrow...something in it for Maxx and his newest buddy to share too :D

good for you maxx's mummy, for giving this dog a new home, i am so glad that max has found a new friend and what a beautiful friend it is too...lots of luck. cavtiny

Hope it all works out. I'm cracking up about the mail lady putting the heavy packages outside so they don't bonk Maxx in the head :lol:

Back