• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Pepys

Ruth

My beloved Pepys was given his wings this morning after suffering a heart attack during the night.
The 'mouser' has gone across the bridge after his uncle Oliver and will already be digging for his 'mice'.
God bless my little angel with a dirty face you have broken my heart, who will I cuddle now?
Luv Mum & Dad
111-1127_IMG.jpg

Oh Ruth. I am so sorry. There are certainly no magic words to ease the pain but know that you are in the hearts of all of us. Time will heal the pain and one day I hope you will have a another huggable one to touch your heart.

We are so sorry to hear this news. Our thoughts and prayers are with you at this sad, sad time.

Dee and Audrey

Ruth - so sorry to hear of your loss. Your picture always makes me chuckle. Such a little love. Praying for you and your family.

Ruth
Thinking and praying for you, I can't imagine how you are feeling.
May he begin his journey and I am sure Uncle Oliver was right their
waiting for him.
Thinking of you.

Dear Ruth - I can only echo everyone else and say how desperately sorry we are that Pepys has his wings - sadly so soon after Oliver.

You are in our thoughts and prayers, Pepys had such a cheeky face and it's those little individual habits that we miss so much.

Hopefully at least one of the others will cuddle up close to you - my cuddle monster TedBear sends you a special cuddle.

Don’t cry for me I’m doing fine,
I’m in heaven now with wings that shine,
It makes me sad to see you cry,
but I’ve big fields and flowers up here in the sky,
God gave me all I could ever dream,
It’s a place more beautiful than you have ever seen,
While there on earth I saw your smile,
bringing me peace if just for a while.
Now as I live in eternal bliss,
please just know I send you a kiss,
I loved the time you devoted to me,
but want one last thing, for you to smile for me.

Author unknown

I'm so sorry to hear this Ruth, I can't imagine how you feel. Know that he's in a better place and not feeling any pain.
My thoughts are with you and your family.

Also, the picture you posted is stunning. What a handsome boy.

Oh Ruth, I am so very sorry for your loss. That picture you posted is truly beautiful. May you take comfort in the many wonderful memories you two shared with one another, and the fact that Pepys experienced more love in a single month of his life than most dogs ever see in their entire lifetimes.

Ruth, I am so very sorry about Pepys. He was certainly one of the most inquisitive handsome boys I've ever seen.
Let's hope he's once again with Uncle Oliver, digging for mouses :)

LITTLE DOG ANGEL

HIGH UP IN THE COURTS OF HEAVEN TODAY

A LITTLE DOG AWAITS

WITH THE OTHER ANGELS HE WILL NOT PLAY

BUT SHE SITS ALONE AT THE GATES

FOR I KNOW THAT MY MASTER WILL COME, SAYS HE

AND WHEN SHE COMES, SHE WILL CALL FOR ME

AND HIS MASTER FAR ON EARTH BELOW

AS SHE SITS IN HER EASY CHAIR

FORGETS SOMETIMES, AND SHE WHISTLES LOW

FOR THE DOG THAT IS NOT THERE

AND THE LITTLE DOG ANGEL COCKS HIS EARS

AND DREAMS HIS MASTER’S CALL HE HEARS

AND I KNOW WHEN AT LENGTH HIS MASTER WAITS

OUTSIDE IN THE DARK AND COLD

FOR THE HAND OF DEATH TO OPEN THE GATES

THAT LEAD TO THOSE COURTS OF GOLD

THE LITTLE DOG ANGEL’S EAGER BARK

WILL COMFORT HER SOUL IN THE SHIVERING DARK.

Author Unknown

Until the day you meet Pepys again at the Bridge XX

PS I am sat here with tears rolling down my face, I feel so sad for you :cry:

For Ruth,
My dear friend.

I know you loved and adored him, he felt the same about you... his Mum and Dad,
He had a wonderful life, a life that only some little dogs can dream about.

May he run over the bridge and feel the wind beneath his wings, may he be there in the crisp, fresh morning dew and then be the brightest twinkle in the winter snow and then also the gentle warmth in the summer evening sun as you bid farewell to another day, treasure the memories they are yours forever.

Love him always, he is never far away.

With all my love,

Thinking of you both,

Alison xxx

Ruth,
My heartfelt sympathy for you on the loss of your beloved "mouser". His photo is one of my favorites. It appeared he was one in a million, a funny little clown. He most certainly was the keeper of your heart. Having just lost my girl, Beatrice, I know how very empty your arms feel. There is no better snuggler than a Cav. I hope you can find comfort in all the happy pictures you must have of him and all the sweet memories of his antics. He was a lucky boy to have such a loving mom. Again, I am so very sorry.
JaneB

Oh Ruth, you are in my thoughts and so is Pepys. I am sorry to hear of his passing and it is clear he was special -- as they all are, but he especially so. His picture with his dirty face was one of my favourites too. Look after yourself and the other doglets; I think they all know when they lose a companion and must miss him too.

K.

I can't begin to thank you all for your kind words after the devastating loss of Pepys.
My bunch are all pretty old, but I thought he had a good few years left. It has come so soon after losing old Oliver and even though we still have five dogs, the void they have left is enormous.
He was a very special little man and I have lots of video of him 'mousin' which was his favourite pastime. What he was really doing, I have no idea, he just loved to dig big muddy holes. I have decided to keep his Avatar, even now it makes me smile. A sweet natured, quiet little chap who just loved to be cuddled.

Many thanks once again,
Ruth

So happy you will keep his avatar. That is such a priceless picture. It now brings tears to my eyes as I chuckle.

Back