Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: That's a LOT of cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh they are certainly addictive. I look at my two and think how a third would make an attractive pile, as opposed to the two boys sitting together... . Maybe will think of a new one in the new year, not til spring or summer though; I don't want to do housetraining in winter again! icon_yikes
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

I sure hear you about the winter housetraining! I hate the winter litters. We like to start taking the litters outside for short periods of time, with VERY careful supervision, at about 8 to 10 weeks old when the adults go out. Begins to give them the idea about house breaking by watching the adults and really helps out the people buying the puppies. If Anna and Star are pregnant, their puppies will be at that point around the first part of February. Not unusual to get below zero F temps at that time of the year; even the adults can't stay out very long in those temps.

We are trying to adjust breeding cycles so puppies are born late winter to early spring, but then we miss a breeding and everything is out of wack again. Oh well.
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

i would just love all those dogs to be sitting around me, they look amazing... if i had that many cavaliers i think my husband would be having panic attacks lol