• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Scared to death! LOL

MGMom

Forgive me if you have read this already, but I think my post was lost during the server change.

Last night, my daughter and I were standing on my front driveway barefooted in only our night gowns waiting for my father to come save us in 40 degree weather! Why? My STUPID dog!

Has anyone had an experience like this? Although my story is QUITE embarrassing, I bet someone else has had a scare like this. My younger daughter and I were alone last night as the rest of my family went to a ball game. ( We had come in from eating out so the house had been dark.) All the lights were out, and we were eating popcorn and watching a movie. Suddenly, I noticed Scarlett was missing, and I went looking for her. When I walked in the kitchen, I heard Scarlett barking and growling FEROCIOUSLY ( at least as much as she can be ferocious) upstairs. I called for her, but she didn't come. I started to go upstairs, but then I heard Scarlett whining and pawing at a door. This really freaked me out because I couldn't figure out how she could be locked in a room. I mean, how did she get in there? I had just turned in a student because I think I may have seen him selling drugs that day, and I guess I was a little jumpy because this is the first time I have ever been involved in something like that. SO, I called my mom, who promptly freaked out! She begged me not to go upstairs and to leave the house, but I was in my nightgown, and my keys were in the bedroom! So, I told my daughter that we were just going to go outside until my dad could get there. About the time we opened the front door, Scarlett came bounding in the room. How did she get out? Very freaked out, we ran down the driveway with the cordless phone and waited until my dad got there. (My husband said the heat might have turned on and caused the door to close behind Scarlett, and she might have pawed it enough to finally get it to open if it didn't latch.)No more horror movies for me!

Has anyone else had a ridiculous scare like that because of your dogs? It is funny now, but it wasn't then. Anyone want to share and make me feel less like an idiot? LOL I have posted this on another site because I am looking for someone to tell me I am not crazy. My husband has teased me mercilessly!

Oooh! How old is your house? If it's new, what was on the land before? Has Scarlett ever stood with her hackles up watching anything that no one else can see?

Scary!!! Jake got out one time...the side gate was unlatched...and about scared me to death. You call and he doesn't come and you know something is wrong!! Luckily I realized he wasn't around about 30 seconds after he got out.

Maxxs_Mummy said:
Oooh! How old is your house? If it's new, what was on the land before? Has Scarlett ever stood with her hackles up watching anything that no one else can see?

Now THAT is a frightening thought! icon_yikes

Gosh, don't put ghost stories in my head. I will get spooked. :D I was worried more about a living person being in my house. I was afraid they were using my dog to lure me upstairs.

The weird thing is our door lock on our garage is not working correctly now, and my husband says it looks as if someone has been messing with our door. Isn't that creepy? My dad looked all through my house that night, and he didn't find anything, but we had been out on the front driveway for quite a while before he got there. Someone could have slipped out the back! This whole event is just weird because I live in a very safe neighborhood, and I have never been scared before.

Has anyone else seen the old Far side cartoon where the lady is peacefully reading in her rocking chair at night and the two dogs look at each other, and one says to the other, " Want to have some fun? When I count to three start staring at the closet door and growling!" I hope that is what happened to me. Scarlett decided to play a joke. LOL

Oh my word! Could you get your local crime prevention officers around? Do you even have them there?

Did you hear anyone upstairs or did you just hear Scarlett? It seems very strange :?

Try not to worry yourself too much though, it probably WAS just Scarlett teasing you! :roll:

RE: Oh my word! Could you get your local crime prevention officers around? Do you even have them there?

:D Tee hee hee! Of course we have police officers! I am not THAT far out in the sticks. Actually, I live in a nice, little college town, but I didn't want to call the police unless I was SURE someone was upstairs. I know many of our police officers, and I didn't want them teasing me from now until I am 80!

I would be running with the Haunting....unexplainable things are always put down to ghosts :shock:
Hope you are okay now and not to scraed to go back upstairs. Just as well you have a fearless Cavalier, usually they just wnat to lick anyone that comes in the house not bark and growl. :oops:

MGMom said:
RE: Oh my word! Could you get your local crime prevention officers around? Do you even have them there?

:D Tee hee hee! Of course we have police officers!

LMAO I know you're bound to have Police :lol: I meant do you have the crime prevention ones that go round advising you on home security etc :lol: :lol: :lol: - i'm in tears of laughter here at you thinking I meant do you have police!!!!!!!

ooooooooooohhhhhhhhh that a very creepything to happen to you all....
i am a big fan of horror movies so i think that anything strange is caused by a ghost..... but if i were you i would call in an excorcist icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes

Back