• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

A hot spot?

sramirez

My Sophie, who has been one of the "itchers" of this season, now has a quarter sized spot on her hind quarters that she has licked & pulled the hair off raw.

I assume that it is a "hot spot" (none of my other dogs have had one)? I have washed it with saline solution to clean; then applied Neosporin. Any other suggestions? Other than she gets so mad when I keep telling her to quit biting it or I put myhand over the spot when she wants to lick it. :(

Sheri R.
Nebraska

I'm sure someone else will chime in here, right guys?

Jake gets spots, but not really serious ones, and I do what you're doing. I put a little neosporin on it and hold him in my lap for about 15 minutes so he can't lick it off. It seems to really calm the spot down and it usually much better the next day.

Back