Thread: Vacuums!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Vacuums!!!!

Ok. I've wanted a Dyson forever. But I can't justify spending $500 on a vacuum.

So I need some less expensive alternatives. It must be bagless (my lab produces so much hair i'd be changing the bag twice just to do one room!)
    Must have a HEPA filter (i've got terrible allergies/asthma).

Any recommendations??

If no one has better recommendations, I'll just suck it up and buy the Dyson. I got a coupon from Bed Bath and Beyond for 20% off, so that'd bring the price down to a meager $400. For anyone who has one, what is the main advantage of the "Animal" model over other models? It's just the attachments, right? Do you think the upholstery cleaning attachment is worth it?? I do have a lot of hair on my sofa...

Post Thanks / Like

Yep the purple animal model has a little power attachment that will let you clean off the sofa, steps etc.

They do pull up a lot of hair you won't believe how much hair! They are easy to empty, and you'll be doing it every time you use it.

Other than that I have a few problems with plastic popping out of place. Things such as the vacuum not standing upright are indications something has popped out of place.

They make a terrible sound when they go across fringe on rugs and of course your aways cleaning off the threads and ravels of the pickup roller.

Hey why is it that guys all ways seem to get stuck fixing the vacuums?

Post Thanks / Like

My husband has one on his wish list as well. We have hardwood floors and I'm told they are as good on them as carpet. Like you $500 for a vacuum seems like overkill but if they get rid of the hair. . .

Post Thanks / Like

Huh!!!! In this house it's ME who ends up fixing the vacuum - I don't think ANY of the male creatures that live here know how to even plug it in!

I did have a Dyson but found it more hassle than it was worth. So now I have got an LG Cyking upstairs and A Miele Cat n Dog downstairs. The LG is bagless but the Miele has a bag. I find the benefits far outweigh the problem of the bag with the Miele too (and I have two very moulty Cavs) :~)

Post Thanks / Like

I bit the bullet and bought a Dyson Animal (purple) three months ago. I really do love it although the furniture/stair attachment does pop off like you said. I find myself rarely using it, the little flat attachment pulls all the dog hair off my furniture. I let a couple of friends of mine try my Dyson just after I bought it and they each bought one too! Too bad I can't collect a commission for selling them.