Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Harness

Post Thanks / Like

Default Harness

I am trying in vein to buy a harness for my babies......

i liked the puppia ones but unfortunatly i cannot find how to actually buy one on line!

any help would be apricated, i have been converted!!

also it doesnt have to be puppia but i dont like the leather harness i think they would be hard, id like some padding. also can someone reccomend the size for a cavallier or are they fairly standard?

thanks in advance
    thanks

Fidelma
    ------------------------------------
    The average dog is often a nicer person than the average person. Andrew A. Rooney

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

You can order them from http://petlondon.com/

I found a medium was plenty large for Jaspar who weighs about 7kg and a small or medium will work on Leo, who is 6.5 kg.

Pet-bliss.ie also has some harnesses but I wouldn;t recommend the Coastal harness as it tends to tighten while they walk and you have to keep adjusting it (if you have a puller).
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks got to run, i ordered 3!!!!!
    thanks

Fidelma
    The average dog is often a nicer person than the average person. Andrew A. Rooney

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Now you'll have to get pics of them in their harnesses to add to the Puppia gallery!!
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

i really wanted a pink one but it would clash with ruby colours
    thanks

Fidelma

Post Thanks / Like

Are these harnesses for the puppies or for the grown ups? I have abstained (everyone applaud at my willpower!) from getting a puppia for Cedar until she's full grown. Have you found a harness that adjusts small enough for puppies??

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Moviedust!
    I was in the same predicament with Darby that you are in with Cedar. How much does Cedar weigh right now? Darby is now 7 months and 13 lbs. I bought a medium Puppia harness for her about 3 months ago. Yes, it was too large around the neck, but the chest is so adjustable, that part fit perfectly! Albeit a little large when I got it, she still could not get out of it, it was still VERY comfortable for her, and I wanted to give her room to grow! When she walked on a leash, the neck portion pulled back slightly, and it looked like a perfect fit! She's just now beginning to fill it out (although it's still a little loose around the neck! ) The medium has worked very well for us, as I think Darby will eventually end up around 15 lbs.

Keep in mind, you can always just bite the bullet and purchase two different sizes, and when/if Cedar outgrows the small, you'll just have to get another Cav puppy to fill the smaller one!! (*oh, darn!*)

Post Thanks / Like

LOL Hand-me-downs! Perfect!!

Cedar is just over 4 mo old, and is is right around 7 pounds. She's small, and probably wont get much over 10-12 pounds. The little cat/dog harness she has now will be outgrown soon. Do you think the small that you got originally would fit her now? I might as well just buy a small and then wait for her to grow into it. :S

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

At that size, the small would just fit and if she only grows to anything under 16 lbs, a small will still fit. Leo weighs 15.5lbs and the small fits him fine; it's actually a better fit than the medium. At 7 pounds, any harness designed for small toy breeds will work -- like a mini yorkie or maltese size harness.
    Karlin

Post Thanks / Like

i bought one small and 3 mediums, i only hope they fit, but i was trying to change one of the sizes but the site is quite hard to use as it does not let you change your options before payment.

or else i was being blonde and doing it wrong!!!
    thanks

Fidelma