• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Harness

Fi

I am trying in vein to buy a harness for my babies......

i liked the puppia ones but unfortunatly i cannot find how to actually buy one on line!

any help would be apricated, i have been converted!!

also it doesnt have to be puppia but i dont like the leather harness i think they would be hard, id like some padding. also can someone reccomend the size for a cavallier or are they fairly standard?

thanks in advance

You can order them from http://petlondon.com/

I found a medium was plenty large for Jaspar who weighs about 7kg and a small or medium will work on Leo, who is 6.5 kg.

Pet-bliss.ie also has some harnesses but I wouldn;t recommend the Coastal harness as it tends to tighten while they walk and you have to keep adjusting it (if you have a puller).

Now you'll have to get pics of them in their harnesses to add to the Puppia gallery!! :lol:

Are these harnesses for the puppies or for the grown ups? I have abstained (everyone applaud at my willpower!) from getting a puppia for Cedar until she's full grown. Have you found a harness that adjusts small enough for puppies??

Hi Moviedust!
I was in the same predicament with Darby that you are in with Cedar. How much does Cedar weigh right now? Darby is now 7 months and 13 lbs. I bought a medium Puppia harness for her about 3 months ago. Yes, it was too large around the neck, but the chest is so adjustable, that part fit perfectly! Albeit a little large when I got it, she still could not get out of it, it was still VERY comfortable for her, and I wanted to give her room to grow! When she walked on a leash, the neck portion pulled back slightly, and it looked like a perfect fit! :lol: She's just now beginning to fill it out (although it's still a little loose around the neck! :D ) The medium has worked very well for us, as I think Darby will eventually end up around 15 lbs.

Keep in mind, you can always just bite the bullet and purchase two different sizes, and when/if Cedar outgrows the small, you'll just have to get another Cav puppy to fill the smaller one!! (*oh, darn!*) icon_whistling

LOL Hand-me-downs! Perfect!!

Cedar is just over 4 mo old, and is is right around 7 pounds. She's small, and probably wont get much over 10-12 pounds. The little cat/dog harness she has now will be outgrown soon. Do you think the small that you got originally would fit her now? I might as well just buy a small and then wait for her to grow into it. :S

At that size, the small would just fit and if she only grows to anything under 16 lbs, a small will still fit. Leo weighs 15.5lbs and the small fits him fine; it's actually a better fit than the medium. At 7 pounds, any harness designed for small toy breeds will work -- like a mini yorkie or maltese size harness.

i bought one small and 3 mediums, i only hope they fit, but i was trying to change one of the sizes but the site is quite hard to use as it does not let you change your options before payment.

or else i was being blonde and doing it wrong!!!

You can ring them to change the order, if it hasn't been shipped. I spoke to them a couple of times regarding my order, to discuss sizes etc. They encourage you to ring to sort out any questions; there's a number on the site.

In general a medium will fit cavaliers up to about 9 or 10kg; a medium is loose on Jaspar and he's 7kg. A small would fit him too, but only just.

Hi Fi,

I hope you managed to get your sizes sorted out ...
When I bought our puppia I ordered it in Sept from
bowsawowsa.com (based in the States)
and I found them excellent... I, like you, had given all my details and decided I wanted to change the colour so I sent them an email to their customer care ([email protected]) and they responded back straight away and were extremely professional and helpful.

I had it all within 5 working days...would totally use them again too as it wasn't too expensive at all and the service was great ....

Hope the petlondon was as good.....
Looking forward to seeing your photos...

oh i cant wait to get these, but the postal system in Ireland is crap so i am not holding my breadth, if i get it before xmas think i will be doing well

Hey Fi,

I live in Ireland .. in Dublin and I was pleasantly surprised by the postal system (for once!!) so fingers crossed ......

oh excelent, im smiling now!!!!

it was ordered yesterday evening so we cant count that!

I just know they are going to look so cute. i love the green colour, looked lovely in the pic on here with teh dog laying down! he must have enjoyed his walk!

Fi Im currently waiting 2 weeks for my order

I do hope it gets here before the new arrival icon_whistling

I ordered one from the States last week and it arrived this morning, talk about speedy delivery :D

Cody looked quite fetching in her pink puppia harness when down the park this evening.

Back