• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

How Much Does Your Cav Sleep ?????????

Linda

I was just wondering, how much everybody else's babies sleep through
the day.
I am finding lately that Dudley just wants to curl up on the sofa and
sleep, is this normal I know dogs sleep alot was thinking maybe he
is lacking something in his diet. ???? :cry: :cry: :cry:

Do those of you who have more than one dog, really find that they
interact alot with one another or is it just a temporary thing when
you bring a new dog into the home.
Any advice would be appreciated.
Thanks
Linda

Cedar sleeps a lot still; she's just a puppy at 4mo. She stays in her kennel for several hours each morning. I get her out and we spend 30-45 minutes eating, bathroom, playing in the early morning, and she's already sleepy again when she goes back in her kennel.

When I get home, we do the same routine, except she gets to play longer. After about 2 or 3 hours, though, she's zonked for another few hours! She gets up around 5, and has supper and plays until about 9. She zonks out for the night then.

Some days when she's off schedule and has more going on, she doesnt sleep as much. The next day or so after that hectic days she's very lethargic as she recharges. As long as she's happy and playful when she's awake, I'm sure she's sleeping as much as she needs.

Sleeping Alot

My two cavs are so different - Sasha mainly sits on the back of the couch and watches out the window (yes, just like a kitty) a majority of the day. Our little ornery Lhaso sits on the other side of the couch.

My other cav, Sophie is deaf so she usually sleeps in my room somewhere and does spend a lot of time sleeping (almost 8 yr.) I do; however, drag her out for an evening walk almost every night as she's definately needing the exercise (like me :D ). But any type of food is the key to getting her to wake up quickly!

sheri
Nebraska

My guys sleep a lot when I'm not home. When I come home they are usually in the same place I left them, curled up on the couch. Now, when I'm home, that's a whole other story. I wish they'd sleep more then :?

Hi Cathy

I find all this little guy wants to do is curl up and sleep lately, I have
finally got him eating properly.
He is now on EVO, regardless of the misunderstanding from before he
loves it and he eats chicken necks in the morning.

I have been battling with myself over getting another puppy, my
breeder has a tri male right now who is gorgeous. I think this may
help Dudley only problem is that I have always desired a Ruby and
I can not have more than 2. What a tough decision.

Maybe he will get more energy when he has a playmate, he is of course
full of energy if I play with him.

my little jasmine sleeps in her cage all night and then my mum is in the house so she plays with her for most of the day and then she has a couple of naps in between, but we make sure we tire her out before bedtime to make her sleep.

Back