Thread: Puppy Teeth

Post Thanks / Like

Default Puppy Teeth

Cedar has been losing her puppy teeth this last week. She's been in some pain with it, too. I noticed that while she was chewing on a frozen chew rag that she was bleeding a little bit from her gums. I imagine this is normal, as I remember my own teeth bleeding some when I lost my teeth as a child, but I guess I'm just concerned for her.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can eleviate some of her discomfort? I've already given her cold, frozen things to chew on and she has numerous other chewable items of different textures. Anything else I can do?

Post Thanks / Like

can you let me know what age they started to fall out i forget....

thanks and i too would love some tips! not for me of course for my Lady!

i have to post a pic of her asleep last night on my chest, it was the most happiest relaxing feeling ever... they sure do my heart and emotion the world of good, they calm me down
    thanks

Fidelma
    ------------------------------------
    The average dog is often a nicer person than the average person. Andrew A. Rooney

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It is normal for her to bleed a bit when losing teeth. You're doing a lot of the right things; I bought one of those Chilly Bone chew toys in the US and I know you can take say an old rag or washcloth, soak it and twist it, and freeze ad give that as a chew. Cold things are supposed to be the nicest for them as they numb the discomfort.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Gizmo was/is going through this aswell and he loves the cubes of ice from the fridge .... as soon as he sees you going to the ice machine , he's sitting behind you and starts making noises like "hurry up" ... he crunches on them and goes back for more ......

See what Cedar prefers and let us know what works .... as Karlin said, anything that can ease the process for them ....

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ickle Pegs

Woody finished teething a couple of months ago, he had a good chew on a teething bone, which was a plastic thing with spikes on it (painful when trod on though), he was bleeding a little bit but vet said not to worry about - ice cubes or something nice and cold is ideal also.

Post Thanks / Like

but when does it start!!!!!
    thanks

Fidelma
    ------------------------------------
    The average dog is often a nicer person than the average person. Andrew A. Rooney