• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy Teeth

Moviedust

Cedar has been losing her puppy teeth this last week. She's been in some pain with it, too. I noticed that while she was chewing on a frozen chew rag that she was bleeding a little bit from her gums. I imagine this is normal, as I remember my own teeth bleeding some when I lost my teeth as a child, but I guess I'm just concerned for her.

Does anyone have any tips on how I can eleviate some of her discomfort? I've already given her cold, frozen things to chew on and she has numerous other chewable items of different textures. Anything else I can do?

can you let me know what age they started to fall out i forget....

thanks and i too would love some tips! not for me of course for my Lady!

i have to post a pic of her asleep last night on my chest, it was the most happiest relaxing feeling ever... they sure do my heart and emotion the world of good, they calm me down

It is normal for her to bleed a bit when losing teeth. You're doing a lot of the right things; I bought one of those Chilly Bone chew toys in the US and I know you can take say an old rag or washcloth, soak it and twist it, and freeze ad give that as a chew. Cold things are supposed to be the nicest for them as they numb the discomfort.

Gizmo was/is going through this aswell and he loves the cubes of ice from the fridge .... as soon as he sees you going to the ice machine , he's sitting behind you and starts making noises like "hurry up" ... he crunches on them and goes back for more ......

See what Cedar prefers and let us know what works .... as Karlin said, anything that can ease the process for them ....

Ickle Pegs

Woody finished teething a couple of months ago, he had a good chew on a teething bone, which was a plastic thing with spikes on it (painful when trod on though), he was bleeding a little bit but vet said not to worry about - ice cubes or something nice and cold is ideal also.

Back