• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

First time poster

:) Hi, new to the site. Have a tri cav, love him so much, I cant believe how he has captured our hearts so soon. He is 15 months and has cronic inflamatory bowel disease, he is getting better but will always have it in some degree and be on medication.

Sweet Toby said:
:) Hi, new to the site. Have a tri cav, love him so much, I cant believe how he has captured our hearts so soon. He is 15 months and has cronic inflamatory bowel disease, he is getting better but will always have it in some degree and be on medication.
Hi, Toby is such a great name for a cav :) .We had a tri boy called Toby before my two girls one of whom has inflammatory bowel disease too. She isn't too bad as long as we keep her chicken intake down to a minimum and she also has Advance dry food for sensitive digestive systems. Hope your Toby isn't too bad.
Julie

Hiya and Welcome to the site. Sorry to hear that Toby is poorly :? Maxx gets colitis if we're not careful about stress and food - think Cavs are prone to tummy troubles - as well as everything else!

i think like alot of people on the board it is a worry to hear about all the problems our cavalliers have.

welcome sweet Toby and hope to see some pictures soon, hopeyour baby isnt soo ill and will get well soon.

What makes Cavalliers so delicate? is it down to bad breeding habits soley and how many generations ago did it start. i know how long is a piece of string..... sorry just my friday mornings thoughts

icon_welcome and glad to have you and Toby here! Looks like you will be able to chat with some others who share your experience of IBS with Toby so hope that will be helpful.

Hi there and welcome!! Just love the name...couldn't name either of mine Toby because that's what my nephew named my dad's goat!! :?

Sweet Toby

Thanks for the concern for Toby's belly problem. We almost lost him couple of months ago, his weight went down to 14 lbs. He lost so much blood he had no protein count when we took him into the hospital but after tests we got him on tofu, chicken, rice, and low residue food plus steroids and he is now 28 lbs and chubby! We are cutting back now on the steroids and the extra food so he is losing a little and has his personality back! It will be a life long thing but we are just happy he is better for now. I also am scared about all the other things that I have been reading about. My husband and I say we will just take one day at a time and enjoy him as much as possible. I have to figure out how to change my time on this and also how to get my pics on.
Linda and Bill and Toby

Re: Sweet Toby

Sweet Toby said:
I also am scared about all the other things that I have been reading about. My husband and I say we will just take one day at a time and enjoy him as much as possible. I have to figure out how to change my time on this and also how to get my pics on.
Linda and Bill and Toby

That's all you can do!!! Believe me, I've been through cancer with Jake and came out smiling at the end. If I worried about everything I wouldn't enjoy my guys. Shelby has a slightly prolapsed valve and minor heart leakage...not gonna worry about it. Live each day to it's fullest!!!

I agree with Cathy, all you can do is enjoy them and count every day that you have with them, a complete blessing :D

We have made so many emergency trips to the vets with Maxx & now he has PSOM and SM. I know we over pamper him (and Charlie) but it's because we love them so much & want to make their lives as happy as possible :D

Maxxs_Mummy said:
We have made so many emergency trips to the vets with Maxx & now he has PSOM and SM.

Hi Sorry if this has been explained but what is PSOM?

Do you notice these Dogs are so happy even when ill, they will always manage a wag tail and kiss for you

We also had problems with Bea and her sensitive tummy. Her trigger was whenever I left town for a few days, separation from me for any extended period of time stressed her out. Chicken and rice with a bit of cottage cheese usually solved the problem. Seems like these little guys are so tuned into their people that they are very prone to upset tummies. We also found that many of the "treats" out there could set her off so stuck to the natural stuff like carrots. Good luck and welcome to the board.
JaneB

Back