Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Max' Syndrome

Post Thanks / Like

Default Max' Syndrome

Ok i had to ring the vet as all the babys and my dogs are due thier vaccinations, so had to ring the vet to see if Max could ahve his, and he can't, so while on the phone i got the name of the syndrome for you.

Eosinophilia Syndrome

I found a web site for it but as of yet not had time to read it

http://www.candog.com/cavaliers/Health/allergy.htm

not sure it is too good, id ratehr read soemthing to tell me symptoms, the causes and treatments and possible lenght of illness or if it is life long , like asthma.

anyway any help words of wisdom or advice greatly apricated. X

Pic of Max for you dont think i have posted one before

thanks

Fidelma
    ------------------------------------
    The average dog is often a nicer person than the average person. Andrew A. Rooney

Post Thanks / Like

stunning dog....thats a lovely picture

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Well, it sounds like an autoimmune disease that can affect various organs so iot depends on what Max has (eg what it affects). It can affect heart, lungs and other internal organs, the digestic system, or muscles among other things. All of these things would be different, from what I can make out though the info out there is really technical/medical and mostly beyond having much meaning for me as a lay reader! I can see what you mean about it being confusing.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I think it is easier to understand if you look at the desciprion for the human version of this.

http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/diseases/...sinophilia.htm

Here's the introduction:

What are eosinophils?

An eosinophil is a type of white blood cell.

Eosinophils are produced in the bone marrow and are normally found in the bloodstream and the gut lining. They contain proteins that help the body to fight infection from parasitic organisms, such as worms. But in certain diseases these proteins can damage the body.

What is eosinophilia?

The term eosinophilia refers to conditions in which abnormally high amounts of eosinophils are found in either the blood or in body tissues.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Fi, poor little Max. He's a gorgeous boy alright, he's got those lovely freckles on his nose like my Charlie's got

I hope they can get his condition under control, none of these babies deserve to suffer Big hugs for you both xx

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you. he is a pet alright, and it is so unfail, as for what area it affects..... well his muscles are affected, his digestion, his eyes, there isnt much not affected , he has ulsers and oh dear the list goes on
    thanks

Fidelma
    The average dog is often a nicer person than the average person. Andrew A. Rooney

Post Thanks / Like

Max was re admitted to the hospital last night: he will have blood tests and scans today, and on Thursday he will have a scope and other tests....

The vet has advised me to get Max sterlised after we have [hopefully] sorted out everything else. He said htat due to teh fact I couldnt breed from him anyway, due to a number of factors, it will make for a healthy boy and avoid prostrate cancer late on in life.

So MAx has a busy road ahead of him.... i feel bad going ahead with the castration, but if its a case of me hurting him a little now to prevent someting more serious later on, then i must do it.
    thanks

Fidelma

Post Thanks / Like

Fi,
    So very to hear Max is ill. It sounds like you are travelling a very tricky road with him. Keep the faith! We are all here pulling for you.

JaneB

Post Thanks / Like

thank you for that message Jane.... it is hard but we all love him
    thanks

Fidelma

Post Thanks / Like

Fi Im so sorry Max isnt feeling well icon_flowers

icon_crssedfingers and paws for Thursday

Having met Max the is even nicer in the flesh and fur icon_banana