Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Max' Syndrome

Post Thanks / Like

Fi -
    So sorry your poor Max isn't feeling well. I hope they are able to figure outwhat's wrong w/ him soon and he will be feeling better soon!! Don't worry about the neuter -- most dogs hardly notice!!
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Hope all goes well for Thursday Fi. We will be keeping all our fingers and eight cheesy paws crossed for you and Max. icon_heartthrob

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Poor fellow; let us know as soon as he's out and about. Rory is right; neutering is a very minor procedure. A bit of licking for a day and mine never even noticed after that. Both were playing as soon as the sleepiness wore off and you'd never think they'd had anything done.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

thanks for that guys....

the vet in the hospital i ahve to say is excelent, he rings me when he has any news and lets me know exactly how Max is doing....

the news however is mixed.... yesterday they did a scan and some blood tests, and nothing really abnormal his red blood cells were low i think he said which would be normal for this condition..... however they found nothing hugly outside normal peramaters.... they have taken stool samples, [oh joy!!!] and because they have to clear him out his op is now put back to Friday, dont know if they plan to starve him or flush him, i didnt want to know so didnt ask! either option isnt nice for him..... he loves his food! what man doesnt!!!

You know what i love about pasionate dog owners and lovers....... they refer to thier pet as part of the human race, like when i ring the vet i say its Max's Mam, and i talk about them as my children, and everyone onhere is the same its so lovely.

The down side is if the scope comes back with in normal peramaters we are back to square one. not that i want Max to be ill but i think you know what i mean here. its frustrating for both Vet and owner.

I have decided to get him done when he is well enough. as another possitive is that when Cloe goes into heat i wont have to send him away for 3 weeks any more.
    thanks

Fidelma
    ------------------------------------
    The average dog is often a nicer person than the average person. Andrew A. Rooney

Post Thanks / Like

Just to give you an update:

the hospital rang to say that although Max's results showed massive infection, they were over all inconclusive.

how disapointing is that, so we are none the wiser and no closer to deciding what to do.
    thanks

Fidelma
    ------------------------------------
    The average dog is often a nicer person than the average person. Andrew A. Rooney