• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update on Rory's Syringomyelia surgery

I can't believe it's been a week already. You are so doing the right thing by restricting him as difficult as it may be. Much better safe than sorry. Hate to think of going through that awful surgery and overdoing the activity afterward. Hugs and kisses to that precious baby boy!

I know this is petty/minor but I hope his white stripe realigns on healing...it's just so cute :)

Glad he's doing well..

lorin said:
I know this is petty/minor but I hope his white stripe realigns on healing...it's just so cute :)

Glad he's doing well..

Haha. My husband was concerned about this, too. ;) He was sad that they had to cut right through his losenge.... ;) The incision looks great! I should take a pic to update y'all.

The incision looks great! I should take a pic to update y'all.

I've been meaning to ask for updated pics, I'm curious to see how it's looking. How's he feeling? How is he handling being "contained"? :lol: He's probably bouncing off the walls! :lol:

I just got the OK from Rory's surgeon to go on walks on harness. :D Yay! Stiill no jumping on couches, etc. I'm honestly not sure how to prevent this w/o keeping him crated.... Also - the stairs!!

Anyway - here are some pics of the boy from today!

IMG_6405.jpg

IMG_6421.jpg

Goof:

2f2b7a0d.jpg
IMG_6416.jpg

It is so great that he's doing so well, so fast. He is really looking good. I'm no vet, but it seems like very careful exercise will make him a much happier dog. It's well known in humans that a positive attitude aids tremendously in healing and I'd bet it's the same in dogs.

Is it my imagination, or is his fur starting to come in already? Shoot, won't be much longer and I'll be back to being the one on this board with the least amount of hair on the back of my head :lol:

He looks so good! Was he so happy to be out and about? The stiches look like they're doing really well, and yea, it does look like his fur is starting to come in already! The one spot right on the top looks like it's not stitched, why is that or maybe there's an inside stich? Does he have to go back in to have them out or do they disolve/fall out on their own?

Hola to Rory's brave momma!
10 days is coming up so quickly!! When would you like me to come over and take out his sutures?

Awwww... with his sutures out, I can't call him "Zipperhead" anymore! :lol:

{{{{{{{{Rory}}}}}}}} doesn't he look just fantastic :D Here's hoping the rest of his recovery will be as smooth :D

I will be perfectly honest here, I have been dead set against surgery for SM but Rory looks to be recovering better than any other Cavalier I have heard of so far - Go Rory, go Rory!!!!

Rory's Mom, you have most definitely done your very best for him, he is lucky to have you icon_thumbsup icon_heartthrob icon_flowers

he looks fantastic, hes such a stunning dog..i bet ur soooo relieved that he,s recovered so quick..... he is a real fighter......HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO YOU BOTH xoxoxox

WOW wonderful to see Rory recovering so well - he looks fantastic.

He does seem to be doing so much better than many others I have read about - what a relief for fyou.

I hope that his recovery is continuing to go well, and that you all managed to enjoy a wonderful Christmas.

((((hugs))) for Rory

Back