Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: ITS CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

it's a family tradition (sad reason behind it) to have the tree up for the 1st of december, but as i work full time i'm at work on the 30th of november so they had to go up yesterday when i was off, and it just "felt" right to have it up, as it was snowing!!!!!!

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by looking-for-a-friend
    it's a family tradition (sad reason behind it) to have the tree up for the 1st of december, but as i work full time i'm at work on the 30th of november so they had to go up yesterday when i was off, and it just "felt" right to have it up, as it was snowing!!!!!!
    I am sorry if I imposed or brought you sad memories, I just honestly
    get tired of it after 3 weeks. Please don't get me wrong I love Christmas
    and all the decorating but somehow when you do daycare from your
    home the little hands get everywhere.

I am happy that it was snowing while you were putting it up, that surely
    makes it feel like Christmas.
    Each year my kids make a new ornament to place on the tree it has been
    something I have been doing with them since they were babies.
    I wonder what they will make this year, we sometimes look at my sister-in-law's tree which is trimmed to perfection and wonder what meaning
    is behind each ornament. What is important to my family is all the memories that went into making them.

Post Thanks / Like

Forgot to mention your tree is gorgeous, along with your little ones.
    Bet they are excited, how old are they ??????????

Post Thanks / Like

We might go get a tree this weekend, but Christmas is down in San Diego this year so we won't be here for the actual day. But it's stil nice to have a tree for December!
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Tree, kids and cav all lovely!

We had a little snow here in Dublin last week too; lots came down but none stuck. The dogs liked eating it though when I gave them little handfuls. I am waiting for a good snow to take them up to the mountains to run around in it.

Stephen last year Quincy kept leaping into the tree with all three legs ; he was only about 7 months then. I'm hoping we won't have a repeat this year as he knocked it over a couple of times! Fortunately the dogs did no leg-raising...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rory
    We might go get a tree this weekend, but Christmas is down in San Diego this year so we won't be here for the actual day. But it's stil nice to have a tree for December!
    And I won't be in San Diego, dang!!! I am leaving on the 27th to go to South Carolina and see my whole family (all 17 of us!!). Give Rory merry christmases hugs and kisses from Shelby and Jake and let's definitely get together the next time you are down this way.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy T
    And I won't be in San Diego, dang!!! I am leaving on the 27th to go to South Carolina and see my whole family (all 17 of us!!). Give Rory merry christmases hugs and kisses from Shelby and Jake and let's definitely get together the next time you are down this way.
    Wow Cathy
    That sure is a big family you have their, isn't it wonderful when everyone
    all gets together at the holidays. Kind of reminds me of the Waltons

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Cathy T
    Oh well. Rory won't be able to play anyway -- he'll still be on restricted activity. That is a big family!!! Sounds like fun.
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Lovely tree and pics, thanks for posting them.... i always put my tree and decorations up the Saturday before teh 11th December so the 7th Dec this year!
    thanks

Fidelma
    ------------------------------------
    The average dog is often a nicer person than the average person. Andrew A. Rooney

Post Thanks / Like

the reason we put our tree up so early is when my gran was dying my mum put it up early for her, she died on the 1st of december, and our tree fell over the same time my gran died, so we always have our decorations up for the 1st, i still do it even though my gran died before i was born!

my kids are 5 and 9, and are starting to get excited for santa coming, next year i'm taking them to Lapland as i think it will be the last year my daughter "believes"

linda, i didn't feel offended and my tree stays up until the middle of jan, as i hate the rooms feeling so bare once all the decorations are down