Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What time do you feed your Cavalier

Post Thanks / Like

Robbie is currently eating 3 times a day (at 5 months old)..I have to feed my lab 3 times a day do to bloating so I've just been splitting Robbie's meals up to...I keep thinking I should get him down to two but I would have to do something to keep him away from the lab while he's eating as they are both voracious (sp) eaters..LOL
    Debbie, Riley and Robbie

Post Thanks / Like

If you are getting a puppy your breeder should advise what they are currently on and continue with that - up to 12 weeks should be on four meals a day - we did ours 7.30, 1, 5.30 and 8, after 12 weeks down to 3 meals, 7.30, 1 and 6.30. At 6 months down to 2 morning and evening, Woody is still on 2 meals and Busta is only on 1 cos he can't be bothered to eat in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by debjen
    Robbie is currently eating 3 times a day (at 5 months old)..I have to feed my lab 3 times a day do to bloating so I've just been splitting Robbie's meals up to...I keep thinking I should get him down to two but I would have to do something to keep him away from the lab while he's eating as they are both voracious (sp) eaters..LOL
    I would think that if you are feeding a regular meal just split into three servings you shouldn't have to change things. Like you said...it's a schedule that fits your lab for the bloating issue. So...let him eat 3 smaller meals rather than 2 larger meals...just make sure you don't over feed.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah