Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: car booster seat

Post Thanks / Like

Default car booster seat

Today i got Zack a car booster seat. It's called the Outward Hound Pet Lookout Car Booster Seat. I got it because he's not big enough to see out. Also, it keeps him safer, the company claims, because there's a strap with a clip on it that clips to the loop on the back of his harness (Four Paws http://www.pet-dog-cat-supply-store....166c5d3ea435c2) attaching him to the passenger seat of the car via the booster seat. This is the one i got, same color (black) http://www.petco.com/Shop/Product.as...amilyID=12262& . Here's a red one: http://store.yahoo.com/pet-guys/-700603006230.html

There is also one with an inflatable bottom which was not available at the store i went to (PetSmart), here it is: http://www.petsmart.com/global/produ...N=2032887&Ne=2
    The one i got cost about $20.

I really like it, it works. It's for dogs up to 20 pounds. zack is 9 pounds He can curl up in it and sleep if he wants with room to spare, and he can lean toward the window and smell the breeze and look at all the people and dogs and other exciting things on the streets when we drive if he wants. Before i got this, he didn't enjoy driving. Now, on the ride home, he was enjoying it so much, i went for a little pleasure drive by the beach so he could be entertained.

Post Thanks / Like

I had one of these for Jake but he outgrew it. He loved it. I liked that he could look out the window if he wanted or curl up and snooze. The drawer in the bottom came in handy too. Unforuntately at 19 and 21 lbs neither of mine will fit anymore But now that they are a big girl and boy they do great sitting on the back seat in their seat belts.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Rupert and TedBear saying they are going on crash diets 'cos they want one of these too and they're too big

What a great idea...we currently have a crate sitting on top of the seats so they can see out of the window if they want too

Did try the seatbelts, but theyboth twirl round and get tangled up in knots. The crate is great 'cos they can get up and move around, also I can leave a bowl attached with a small amount of water in it, so they always have access to a drink.

When we were away, we did about 900 miles over the week, so they do quite a lot of travelling and I like them to be comfortable. We stop about every 1 1/2 to 2 hours for a "comfort break".

TedBear used to be car sick, but we've cured that by giving him 1/4 of a ginger biscuit before we go out - lasts all day and he's never been sick since !!
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Cedar has a booster seat too! She loves it! Cedar's a little different, though. It rests on the seat instead of strapping over the back. It is attached to the seatbelt, and then there's the hook that attaches to Cedar's harness.

This particular model also serves as a travel bed (it folds out) and a doggie suitcase!

here's a pic of Cedar catching a snooze in her carseat.

Cindy
    Cedar (tri), Willow (blen), & Holly (ruby)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Wow where did you get that one?

I like all those booster seats. As long as you can still clip the seatbelt harness thorugh it amd thru the dog seatbelt, I'd be happy to get one -- Jaspar LOVES looking out the window.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oooh I found them in the UK; also look, a little backpack if your cavalier is under 15 lbs!!

http://www.ultimateanimals.co.uk/aca...ard-Hound.html

Heh they even show a cavalier in one!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

cedar's booster seat looks really nice, and cedar looks very cozy in it. what brand is it?

i really like those PetPouch backpack things on that UK site. I found them on ebay.

http://stores.ebay.com/DoggieStyle-P...QQftidZ2QQtZkm

Post Thanks / Like

I got Cedar's seat from Home Depot. It is a Flexi-Mat Pet Stow Away Car Seat &Travel Bed. They had the same thing at a number of online and catalog order dog boutiques and specialty stores, but they were sometimes double the price of Home Depot.

I see the Home Depot price has gone up slightly since I bought Cedar's seat, but you can at least get the information if you're interested. Just go to www.homedepot.com and type in "dog seat" in the search box.
    Cindy
    Cedar (tri), Willow (blen), & Holly (ruby)

Post Thanks / Like

That's pretty cool and a great price!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moviedust
    I got Cedar's seat from Home Depot. It is a Flexi-Mat Pet Stow Away Car Seat &Travel Bed......
    That's very neat. How does it attach to the seat? It looks like the seat belt just goes around the middle of the thing, between those two sections.
    It would be a lot easier to attach and unattach than the one i got, it works the way i think. A plus of the one i got is that it folds up completely flat, but i need something that's easy to remove and reinstall.