• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Christmas Presents

Fi

What are we all getting our pets for Christmas?

I have got Cloe and Max and frisbie and its filled with all sorts of chews an toys, Got Lady some small toys and they all get thier Harness!!

Aperently alot of Dogs get ill at Christmas because thier owners feel guilty for eating rich food while the pet has the same old same old... so they give them a wee Christmas dinner which makes the dog violently ill.

Have to say i would love to give them a food treat but know it would upset thier tunnys. :|

Presents

I have got them littte stars to put on the tree, and then I will probably get a Santa/snowman with a white chew attached, plus a few more toys. Their nan and grand-dad are getting them stockings.

Too many holiday treats...

Oh wow Fidelma, I can attest to the holiday dinner treats - I gave all 3 of my pups a little too much turkey after our Thanksgiving holiday dinner. My poor Sophie had to go out every 2 hrs. the whole night long :cry: - and guess who got up to let her out? So, I'll be much more careful with the holiday treats this time around...

Sheri
Nebraska, USA

We compromise with the treats for Scarlett on the holidays by buying some wonderful, rich dog canned food. Merrick makes one called Thanksgiving Dinner, and Evangers makes wonderful wild meat versions such as duck and buffalo. Scarlett gets those on holidays. No guilt and no upset tummies!

well......

Harry has an advent calendar (special doggie one) just like us.

his santa no longer has a fat tummy, all the stuffing ended up in the bin!

i have bought him a stocking with treats in it, and a huge bag of plastic balls, the ones you use in kids ball pools as he loves chasing them around!!!

I think I'll get Rory that lovely Puppia harness that Nicki showed us. :) And I'm sure there will be plenty of dog toys this Christmas. My family is nuts for dogs. :)

Maxx and Charlie have got a stuffed reindeer toy each and some other bits and pieces. They'll also probably have one of those cesar tray meals too - they usually do a special Xmas one. Nothing worse than a dog or two with the runs over Xmas so mine get very little in the way of treats but have toys and tuggers instead :D

I'm going to by for Andrea and Diva two pinky coats :D

this one
pedf-v25-pink.gif

and i'm also going to by greenies and some toy :)

I got Dudley a new Soccer Jersey, he is already wearing it. :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:
Dawn (Maxwell & Me His Mom)
Was a doll and got me a coat from Old Navy so he will be getting that
I need to order him some smaller boots we have too much snow here
He will be getting some Shampoo & Treats.
Maybe a new toy, and a new pillow.

Darby is getting a special stuffed ducky, a new nobbly wobbly rubber ball, and "Bison Bits," bison jerky! I saw them at a local pet boutique!! I'm sure she will love them!! :D

Have to admit I learnt the hard way about turkey.
Gave my boy it one Christmas many years ago thinking it was just like chicken .............. big mistake, he was so poorly over the hols.
I am sure I have read somewhere that it can upset the pancreas.

Warm wishes,
Ruth

If I recall it is excessive amounts of turkey skin that are a problem for the pancreas. I know turkey is considered fine for feeding in the raw feeding books; I often get a turkey leg from the butchers and boil it with veggies to make the homecooked stews I give my fellows and they handle it fine. I haven't found many things which they don't digest. :lol:

Fi I got one of those frisbees too from Blanchardstown. I actually bought one before I got Jaspar 2 years ago (he was a new years' puppy) and those toys (what are not chewed into oblivion by now) are still his favourites. So I got another set this year.

I'll probably go to the second hand shops to get some stuffed toys for them to de-stuff, too (under suoervision of course). That's a favourite activity for them.

The cats will get some boiled chicken!

LOL teh 3 pups sem to ahve a thing for laces, you are not safe!!! i took my runners off and one pup took one runner and ran one direction the other too the other an ran the other direction and the other one stood there working out which pup to follow!!!!!!

the size of the runner compared to them is so funny.

Back