• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

GROSS!!!

Jen

I just had Abbey out with me while I was shoveling, and she came slinking up to the door with a shrew or mouse hanging out of her mouth!!! It was dead, I have no idea where she found it, and I was totally disgusted! I don't know if she thought she was just going to bring it in the house or what, but she pressed herself up against the door and I had to ask her three times to drop it! ICK!!!!!!!!!

:lol: She was just showing you her take-away food... :lol:

Jaspar's trick that I love best (NOT) is rolling in vomit -- other people's!!!! -- which he has done twice!!! Including one time just two days after I'd given him a bath... :x :cry:

fun to roll in

Toby's fav is racoon, goose or deer poop. Once found something even worse but won't go there. Have to make like I'm going to kick his butt before he gets up runs off. getting an immediate bath which he does not like doesn't seem to deter him

fun to roll in ....

Busta's favourite is dead worms, slugs and even slow worm, and once a dead bird - he has also taught Woody to do it - Lovley not!!!

Another stinky story

Hi all,
Well one of my babies shocked me today when I saw her out on the lawn rolling around and so I went outside to check what she was doing only to discover that she was rolling around in poo!!! Either hers or her sister's, I am not sure which!!!!!! Neither of them have ever done that before! icon_yikes I cannot understand why she would have done this. Out came the washer as soon as she got inside! :shock:
Julie

icon_yikes Why do we keep than at all? :lol:

I've had Jaspar roll on dead things and various poop types, too -- horse and deer are his favourites. Leo seems far less interested, thank goodness...

One night when we let Scarlett out to go potty, she came trotting back into the house with a dead critter of some kind in her mouth just as pretty as you please. I know she didn't kill it because she didn't have time and she is scared of her own shadow, but she came in prancing around with it like a trophy and was quite disgruntled when my husband made her give it up.

Scarlett likes dried up worms after a rain. We call it worm jerky. :D My dad gets the biggest kick out of this "prissy little dog" eating filth off the driveway. We try to stop her, but you can guess how well that works. Ewww!

Cedar generally likes to hunt for the rabbit feces left by the bunnies that live under our back deck. I think she thinks it's some kind of kibble!

Today, though, was the most disgusting. We moved into this house just a few months ago, so there are some nooks and crannies I havent gotten to yet. Anyway, I was down in the basement doing laundry, when I saw that Cedar was chewing on something. The basement is pretty much empty, so I couldnt even guess what it could be. She gave it up pretty easily. That's when I realized I was holding a tiny petrified frog, covered in dust bunnies. The thing was stuff and revolting. I nearly puked!

:lol: :lol: :lol: at the little darlings! Maxx once found a dead pigeon behind our huge conifers. He kept coming running to me and crying then going back behind them and crying more. It was almost as if he was trying to tell me that it was hurt. He was licking its feathers too but not trying to eat it (much to my surprise). I had to get my son out of bed at 11.30pm to shovel it up and put it into a bag. I couldn't bend down to get it as my back had seized :roll:

He loves to eat dead woodlice and if there's a spider daring to run across our floor it's soon eaten icon_yikes. Must be a thing about bunny poop Moviedust, my two love to chew it when they are out walking ewwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....

Thankfully we haven't had the same experiences re poo and vomit :p
The nearest thing we had was when Gizmo decided to chase a large moth that flew into the kitchen ... I'm not a fan of flying insects and when I saw Gizmo actually close his mouth over this moth I was shocked ..... shouted at him to let go and he obediently opens his mouth and out flies the moth !! :eek: :eek:

He just sat there looking bemused and wondering what had come over me ..... still feel shivers when I think of it ....

I would just like to ad a word of caution – now that the weather is turning colder and rodents are coming into houses for shelter – be sure to watch your cavalier extra close. Rodents that are poisoned may pass that poison onto your cavalier if ingested.

petitchien said:
Thankfully we haven't had the same experiences re poo and vomit :p
The nearest thing we had was when Gizmo decided to chase a large moth that flew into the kitchen ... I'm not a fan of flying insects and when I saw Gizmo actually close his mouth over this moth I was shocked ..... shouted at him to let go and he obediently opens his mouth and out flies the moth !! :eek: :eek:

He just sat there looking bemused and wondering what had come over me ..... still feel shivers when I think of it ....

Poor Gizmo! You made him give up his well earned prize!!! :(

Rory has picked up and eaten slugs.. icon_yuk

:lol: :lol: Well it's nice to know my "babies" aren't the only ones to do gross things! The one I hate the most is eating someone elses vomit! I guess no matter how cute and sweet they are, they are still dogs!

That is very true, you forget they are dogs, but boy, do they have a habit of reminding you...

The one I hate the most is eating someone elses vomit!
Well I don;t know, I actually find this quite useful when one of the cats vomits... :lol: If it is food and not a hairball, it tends to be right after they eat. The dogs both run when they hear a cat hacking away, in hopes they will get a prize! I am happy to pretend not to see that they conveniently got rid of something I'd otherwise have to clean up... icon_whistling Of course people vomit is another thing, and we do get that around as I live in an urban area. Really it is Jaspar rolling in it that I cannot stand. I need a giant tweezers to pick him up and carry him to the sink for washing... :shock:

I caught Roxy one evening in the cat litter tray, i freaked!!!!!!!

Its now up high so only the cat can get at it.

Apparently dogs think that when cats are burrying thier business, that they are burrying treats!!!!!! icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes

Oh they will, Jo, they will... cavaliers in particular seem to love kitty treats... :shock:

Back