• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Help with Flickr

Bruce H

Does anyone here use Flickr? How do you post more than 1 picture at a time? When I post 1 picture, then go back to copy the next url, everythin in the original post is gone when I return to the post. What I have been doing is pasting multiple pictures into Photoshop and then posting the Photoshop image. The only other thing I can think of is to keep editting the post with more photos.

Hi, Bruce. I'm so excited that you have this problem. It means you have lots of photos to share!!

I use Photobucket, but I imagine it works the same with any service. I hope this solves the problem!

Instead of leaving the posting window to go get your photos, open a new window. When you find the photo code you need, highlight it all and the hit Ctrl + C at the same time. That sends a "copy" command to the system. Then, go back to the posting window, and click your mouse in the window where you want the code to go. Hit Ctrl + V to "paste" the copied code into place. Go back and forth for each picture, and then submit the posting when you have everything in place.

If you want to add text or captions to each photos, just type directly above or below the code for the given picture. You'll be able to preview the post to see if it has everything you want the way you want it.

If you totally are doing all these things and I misunderstood the issue, I'm sorry. Maybe someone else who uses Flickr will be more helpful.

Have you added the Flickr uploader program to your desktop? Then you can drag and drop pictures right into a box and upload groups of photos. The tool is here:

http://flickr.com/tools/

Maybe what you are doing is pasting the urls into the box for adding tags? If I try to upload from the site rather than using the uploading tool, I see a set of buttons where I then can select a file -- but can't paste a url into a window. I am on a mac at the moment, I can't remember if this process is different on my PC as I haven't used it for a while.

Actually, I am doing this on a mac. I'll try the tools link this weekend when I have a little more time. Thanks!

Oh, definitely use the uploader if you aren't. It downloads in just a few seconds to your desktop, sets itself up, and then you can manage whole batches of photos (which we are hoping is what you are getting ready to post! :lol: ).

Back