Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: For All U Irish Puppia Lovers!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

I have the harnesses, and it has reduced the need for pulling, I just normally use the extension leads when walking my boys. If anybody has problems ordering, you can order from www.petlondon.com and I will forward via royal mail.... but check as I think that they can send to Ireland and US.... alternatively I can do a big shop and visit everyone when I win the lottery!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Petlondon will send anywhere; they also have a warehouse in the US so US orders arrive directly.

One caution on extendible leads -- most trainers recommend not to use them in an urban environment though they are great in open areas away from traffic, such as parks or quiet roads. They can unlock very easily and a dog can accidentally run into the road; also, they pop out of your hands frighteningly easy. This happened to me about four times when Jaspar was a young pup (happens when you might not be paying attention for a moment and then they pull suddenly or dart off after something as puppies often do) and so I put them away except for the park. I know people who put those camera straps on the handles and then put the strap around their wrist to protect against dropping the lead entirely if it pops out of your hand. If you use them, the other strong recommendation from trainers is, buy the real extensalead brand, not cheap imitations (for example Lidl sometimes sells cheap knock-offs). These are far more likely to fail to lock or to come apart. Though breaking or coming apart pertains more to larger breeds that could strain the lead; cavaliers don't generally have that much strength!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Luckily we live in a cul-de-sac and very quiet road, basically cross the road in front of our house and we are in Banstead Woods, which stretches for miles....... which is great only minus side is that we have to get in the car to get anything.... our leads were about 15.00 quid each, I can happily spends loads of money on the dogs, and hold back when I need to buy stuff for myself....definately need some new under wear, Busta has a fetish for thongs, they got hold of my clean ones (dirty clothes go in a big linen basket they cannot get into) and decided to have a game of tag on 4 pairs - for a soft jaw breed I had a fight to get them out of their mouths. icon_yikes

Post Thanks / Like

Csprice - don't get me started on a the "soft jawed breed" .....
    Gizmo goes through alot of the chews in minutes !! For Christmas, my OH decided that we'd get him a HUGE chew with loads of chews on it which is designed for LABRADORS !!!!

This one lasted until last week and he's on his last chew which was on it at the moment... Gizmo fetish is socks !!
    Although now it's only the odd one he goes for and when we see him with it he knows he's in the wrong as he runs over to the corner and just looks up with those adorable bug eyes and lets you take it from him .... They are just soooo cute