• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puppy Teeth

Moviedust

How long does it generally take for a puppy to lose all its teeth and get its adult teeth in? Cedar has been losing her teeth for the last few weeks, and it appears that most of the uppers are now adult teeth (aside from one canine tooth). The lower teeth, though, dont seem to be going as quickly. The adult teeth are coming in, but the lower teeth arent moving out!

Do dogs ever have to have baby teeth pulled? (I had to have one of mine pulled as a child, which leads me to query.) If so, how long should I wait before taking her to the vet? (She'll be going in to be fixed probably in early January, so I will bring the issue up for sure then if her teeth are still hanging in there.)

Pixie had her puppy canines removed when she was spayed at about 6 months. We'd been trying to loosen them up so they'd come out on their own, but they weren't even wiggly at all. The adult teeth were growing in, crooked, so we decided to just have them removed while she was already under anesthesia.

Teeth

Woody's took about 6 weeks, was finding them all over the place, there was one that took ages but it finally came out a few days before he had his operation to remove his gentleman bits.... but at the puppy party our Vets do they said if it had'nt removed they could do this during surgery.

Maybe worth just phoning up and speaking to the Nurse at the Vets, they are normally good, at least you don't have to pay a consultancy fee then.

I was worried about Bonnie's teeth too because, at six months, she had both sets of teeth. Her top teeth were very loose and falling out but the bottom ones appeared to be stuck solid. On the advice on Karlin and a few others i just gave her lots of extra chewies and even gave them a wiggle myself when she was resting on my lap and now they are totally all gone. Once i increased the amount of chews she got (a nylabone and rawhide bones) they were totally out within a few weeks.

Back