Thread: Question - Moving from 2 to 3 dogs

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Default Question - Moving from 2 to 3 dogs

We are not (at the moment) thinking about getting a third dog (although, OH is *very* taken by all the rubies on the board lately).

I was just wondering how the dynamics in a household change when you introduce a third dog. It's something that i would worry about if we ever did decide to go for number 3. Sam and Bonnie are so, so close at the moment and she is clearly the boss of the two.

Does there be much trouble for the position of top dog when a third is introduced? would it make a difference to take on a male or female?

So many questions

Post Thanks / Like

well i have gone from 2 to 9 over night!!!!! and after the weekend down to 6 then nid week down to 5 hopefully soon after down to a comfortable 3, i cannot begin to train Lady with all teh other distractions around her and i am hoping she will learn from the other two, i see a bright future.
    thanks

Fidelma
    ------------------------------------
    The average dog is often a nicer person than the average person. Andrew A. Rooney

Post Thanks / Like

How did they get on when you had Cody there? From the pics they seemed very cosy We're hoping to find a second dog soon but i don't think OH would cope with a third
    Stephen 3 Cavs - Cody, Abigail & Jasmine, Gavin the terrier and the cats - Buffy, Kendra, Thomas, Caleb, Robin & Cadbury, the Geckos - Crane, Poole, Schmidt, Amber, Seven, Eleven, Thirteen, Ivy, Gretchen, Darcy, Ari, Zeva, Claude & Claudine, Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Dov, Ronia, Netanya

Post Thanks / Like

That's a good point Stephen, they did get on well with Cody, although i think at times they were a little full on and she'd much rather they'd leave her alone (wouldn't blame her). Something to think about maybe for the future. All these ruby puppies on the board lately are really tempting us.

Post Thanks / Like

Join the club
    Stephen 3 Cavs - Cody, Abigail & Jasmine, Gavin the terrier and the cats - Buffy, Kendra, Thomas, Caleb, Robin & Cadbury, the Geckos - Crane, Poole, Schmidt, Amber, Seven, Eleven, Thirteen, Ivy, Gretchen, Darcy, Ari, Zeva, Claude & Claudine, Alpha, Bravo, Charlie, Delta, Dov, Ronia, Netanya

Post Thanks / Like

are you expecting a little bundle of joy, Stephen?

Post Thanks / Like

I wish

A pup would be out of the question here, some of the cats are not to be trusted Thomas keeps trying to eat Cody, a puppy would be a snack icon_yikes