Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Future pet site

Post Thanks / Like

Default Future pet site

found a great site

www.futurepet.com

i have jsut got myself loads of things for my babies, including a lovely heater for the pups. i know it is too late for this litter but on cold nights maybe lady and her Mom and uncle might like to use it.

well worth a visit, but make sure you ahve time, i ahve never seen a site with so many products.

Bruce, do you chip the pups youself?
    do you vaccinate youself?? well not yourself but vaccinate the pups!!!!
    thanks

Fidelma
    ------------------------------------
    The average dog is often a nicer person than the average person. Andrew A. Rooney

Post Thanks / Like

They have got a great selection of stuff alright.

I was, however, disgusted to see them selling this:

Post Thanks / Like

What the hell is that?

is it what i think it is, it looks like sharp bits sticking out that would cause bleeding???? couldnt be???

they had that much stuff that i was only looking for what i needed, and i bought lots!!
    thanks

Fidelma
    The average dog is often a nicer person than the average person. Andrew A. Rooney

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

icon_furious for stubburn and hard to control dogs icon_crying

Post Thanks / Like

YOU'VE GOT TO BE KIDDING ME!

YACK~ SCREAM~ Yell

I cant believe that a website anywhere would sell a torture device like that for a dog~ Actually I think it should be used on anyone that purchases it first so they know what it feels like..... icon_yikes
    A Good Attitude is like Kudzu~ It spreads quickly and never stops growing.......

Post Thanks / Like

Oh Jo, the pic of your pup is adorable..... I think tara is perfect on her

that looks like something out of the ice age, surely love and care would convert a stubborn dog?
    thanks

Fidelma

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Maxwell&me

I cant believe that a website anywhere would sell a torture device like that for a dog~ Actually I think it should be used on anyone that purchases it first so they know what it feels like..... icon_yikes
    Great idea

Post Thanks / Like

I was mortified at that 'collar' so went to have a better look before I wrote them and e-mail of complaint. The full link is here http://www.futurepet.com/cgi-bin/sea...?BP=1&RCAT=100. It actually lies flat on the dogs neck and pushes in to 'control' them!

It's a German device and looks like something left over from Hitlers camps. I can't believe anyone would use something like that - German people really pamper their dogs so find it hard to believe it was a German invention!

Personally, i would have thought it would have the opposite affect, instead of 'controlling' them I would have thought that the pain it inflicted would cause them to be aggressive.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's called a prong collar; and yes you are right Fi, love and positive training and patience are the tools to be used for training. A trainer friend, TKC on this board, says despite how scary these look, that they actually can be easier on the neck than standard choke chains which are even more widely used.

icon_yikes

Good idea to send a complaint. Sometimes sites just carry a wide range of goods supplied by a manufacturer and don't really think about the item itself. Prong and choke chains really divide people -- some, especially with large breed dogs, feel they can be used correctly as a training aid; others find them repulsive and appalling. Certainly newer thinking and training methods taught on dog behaviour qualification courses tend to consign these "aids" to a less enlightened past, but you do get people who are passionately in favour of them. Curiously I have found that advocates always claim it is everyone else who uses them incorrectly, not them.

On a cavalier, I think such things are barbaric and dangerous. Such small, gentle dogs do not need such collars, they can damage the trachea of small breeds as vets *regularly* advise, and several neurologists have said given the high incidence of syringomyelia in the CKCS, they should never be used even on asymptomatic dogs as they may aggravate or even initiate syrinxes.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com