• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Puzzle's litter, born today...

Here is a pictures of the puppies today. Growing so fast. It will be a load of fun when they are up and running around, I can't wait!
b64f2bbd.jpg

Puzzleswhelpingpicturesday5049.jpg

Our little Sammy lost his battle Saturday night. We all took it very hard, my son probably the worst. But we have 5 healthy puppies that we need to tend to so we are trying to focus on that for now. They are so sweet and gaining weight like you wouldn't beleive.

ah sorry to hear your new..... but as you say you have 5 darlings to bring u joy.

Oh no, so sorry to hear about little Sammy :cry: Five survivors is something to be thankful for though. They are such darlings and those little paws make me so broody for another :)

It is unbelievably hard to loose one. My thoughts are with you. Enjoy the pups that are with you.

Poor little Sammy, but he fought the good fight, it wasn't meant to be.

Just love their little feeties!

God Bless little Sammy, I am so sorry, as hard as it was it was probably
for the best. It must of been very difficult for your son, children have
a hard time understanding death whether it be human or animals.

The other 5 are so sweet, congratulations.

Sorry to hear about sweet Sammy. Poor little guy would have had many obstacles ahead, so thankfully his suffering was kept to a minimum. But he got to know the loving touch of both his human and dog families and I'm sure he went with a happy heart.

The 5 babies are just adorable, little pink noses and bellies and feet.

Oh, I'm so sorry!!! It must be so hard to lose one, even having known him only a few days. :( And to feel so helpless about it, too.

cherish the other 5 and keep us updated w/ pics as they grow! :)

So very sorry about the loss of the little guy. It's hard enough to have one born dead like I had, but it's really hard when you loose one after it's been born. I've been there and I can truly sympathize with you.

Don't know how old your children are, but maybe you can use this as an opportunity to talk to them about life and death. Maybe some small good can come out of this.

As others have said, now is the time to concentrate on the healthy ones. You have 5 beautiful puppies.

Puzzle's babies are gorgeous. I'm really sorry you lost Sammy. It must be really hard on your kids - I remember losing pups when my Dad bred Golden Cockers years ago and it broke our hearts. However, as Bruce says, it a good learning curve for kids. Good luck with the rest of the puppies.
Joanna

Thanks for all the support. My son is 8 and he took it the hardest. I told him that Sammy was very sick here on earth and that when he goes to heaven, all of his pain will go away. I told him that we won't have to worry about him hurting anymore and we can focus on his brothers and sisters. He understood it better that way. My 5 year old still don't grasp the concept, she just goes on about her buisness.
The puppies are all doing very well. Some I think are drinking a bit too much milk. They grow right before your eyes. It is so wonderful!
Their noses are starting to turn black and when they all start to crying and screaming for the milk lady, it is so cute. You can hear it across the whole house. Their lungs are getting stronger and stronger.
Thanks again for all the support...

Puppy Pictures!!!

Here are some pictures that I took tonight. Can't figure out how to get all the pictures on one message so I will send a couple.

The kids and the puppies-
c6860dfc.jpg

What lucky lucky children!! the pups are sooo cute. I wish I was small enough to crawl into the pile and cuddle up w/ them! :D

Back