Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tara is not very well

Post Thanks / Like

Default Tara is not very well

Please keep all fingers and paws crossed that Tara gets better soon.

I had her at the vet yesterday as I found blood in her poo. When I got her to the vet , she said had worms icon_yikes . She showed no other signs excpet for a swollen tummy and it all happened so quick, thank god my vets sits on Sunday

She has us both awake since two this morning crying, and vomiting and im put to my eyes in poo.

I do hope she feels better tomorrow

Edited to add I can post any pictures as my brother broke my camera

Post Thanks / Like

LOL dont think we want to see pictures of her poo!!! we trust you!!!!

/seriously hope she gets well soon. she must be in pain poor we pet.
    thanks

Fidelma
    ------------------------------------
    The average dog is often a nicer person than the average person. Andrew A. Rooney

Post Thanks / Like

icon_yikes NO sorry

Pictures of her in her bed and her playing with her Kong

Post Thanks / Like

Default Get welll soon

Get well soon Tara, my thoughts are with you, when we collected Woody on the Saturday, we were up the vets on the thursday as he had runny, green like poo with bloody in it..... he had injections, tablets, good bacteria - as they thought worms, lung worms or upset stomach - tried all different food, then I asked the vet for sensitive food as everything else I had tried did not work - first meal he had 20 minutes later a proper poo, which we tried it in the first place... he was such a good boy thought as he did try to get to his wee mats......

Post Thanks / Like

Sorry to hear Tara's not well, we had the exact same problem with Sam when he was a puppy and it took a while for his tummy to settle down. The vet had ruled out everything, we tried different foods and different ways of giving it to him, eventually, he got better but it was a long haul.

Hope Tara gets better soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I am sure she will be fine. She is under good care with your vet and you and these are very common in puppies too. A good wormer will clear her out pretty fast!

Worms can become really serious though; most vets will want to worm all puppies (and kittens) twice, about two weeks apart usually as they can carry a very heavy worm load. They get them passed on to them from the mothers. Believe it or not worms are one of the main reasons for puppy and kitten deaths as they can become seriously worm bound when they aren't caught . I never realised this til I started working with people in rescue, who would see a lot of the worst cases and the neglect cases where they eventually get really bad.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin the vet told me to worm every two weeks with a quarter of a tablet until the symptons are gone.

My vet is brillant and only charged me for the tablet and the dog got an excellent going over.

To be honest for her size im surprised at the amount of worms, the cats and dogs all got wormed yesterday.

She had a great night sleep icon_crssedfingers she is feeling better again

Post Thanks / Like

if a pup does not pass any worms and does not pass blood in the stools are there any other signs to tell if your pup or indeed your dog has worms??

can you over worm a pup? as in give too much worm medicine as im feeling compulsed to worm mine agian???? but according to my vet they are not due to be wormed for anohter few months?
    thanks

Fidelma
    The average dog is often a nicer person than the average person. Andrew A. Rooney

Post Thanks / Like

poor tara, those worms can sure cause a lot of grief and its made me want to g and worm jasmine again..i wonder is it harmful to worm them more than every 3 months?

Post Thanks / Like

you should of asked Santa for a camera im dying to see more pics of her....

let us know how she is....

had a few scary moments myself...
    thanks

Fidelma