• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Star's litter

Bruce H

Here are the latest pictures on Star's puppies that Kris took the day before Christmas.
BlenLitter122505.jpg

:p When they only have that tiny bit of black, their muzzles look huge! I remember Jaspar at that stage, it is so odd how they kind of accordion out eventually.

You are torturing us, they are so sweet.
I love #3, but then again I love them all.
Puppy Love icon_whistling icon_whistling icon_whistling

Bruce,

I know from emailing Kris that they are all spoken for :( I thought maybe you were lucky enough to choose one for yourselves! Is your ruby, Isis, going to be bred soon?

Kristen

A quick question- how much in advance are most of the puppies spoken for? We eventually will get another and need to figure out how much in advance we need to be in touch with a good breeder. Audrey- our first, came to us when I did not know much. I will be much more thorough for our next munchkin!

Kristen: We bred our ruby Isis about 1-1/2 months ago and it didn't take :( We'll try again on her next season. Darn stubborn girl :lol:

Dee: Right now we already have 2 people on a list for pups from our next litter. If I were you, I would start looking maybe 6 months before you are actually ready to take a puppy home if you want to be sure of getting one. Most of the reputable breeders have lists. All 9 puppies from Anna and Star were spoken for by the time they were 2 to 3 weeks old. Basically, the well known breeders know who has puppies and will many times refer buyers to other breeders if they don't have anything coming up in the near future.

Thanks Bruce-

I think I will start a year in advance!!!

I would start today but I think we better wait until we retire, about ayear from now. Oh what fun to look forward to!!!!

Bruce H said:
Kristen: We bred our ruby Isis about 1-1/2 months ago and it didn't take :( We'll try again on her next season. Darn stubborn girl :lol:

Dee: Right now we already have 2 people on a list for pups from our next litter. If I were you, I would start looking maybe 6 months before you are actually ready to take a puppy home if you want to be sure of getting one. Most of the reputable breeders have lists. All 9 puppies from Anna and Star were spoken for by the time they were 2 to 3 weeks old. Basically, the well known breeders know who has puppies and will many times refer buyers to other breeders if they don't have anything coming up in the near future.

Bruce:
I have been waiting for my breeder's Ruby to come into Season, she was
originally suppossed to be in Season in Novemer nothing December came
I haven't heard anything. My breeder told me that her sister came into
Season late and she would let me know as soon as she came in I hate
to keep buggin her. Is is normal for them to be late ?????
Maybe she doesn't want to say anything until she knows if it took, how
long does it usually take before you know if it worked Bruce.
Ruby Envy, I am definetely staying with the same breeder,
So is it normal for them to be late coming into Season or can they skip
it altogether.

Linda

Yes, they can vary somewhat when they come into season, at least ours do. We usually start watching our girls about a good month before they are due in season. Our boy Cooper is also an EXCELLENT indicator; he usually starts flirting just prior to them coming into season, then it's the crate shuffle game to keep him away: she's in the crate, he's out; he's in the crate, she's out.

After we have bred a girl, we watch first for signs of change in temperment: more quiet time, more clingy, etc. By the time they are about 1 month along, we pretty much know if they're pregnant, although they have fooled us a couple times. A lot of times we will have an ultrasound done then to be sure and to find out how many puppies there are. Although the ultrasound is not all that accurate of a count, it will definately tell you if there are puppies.

It may well be that she is waiting to see if the breeding took. It may also be as simple as her being very busy over the holidays. Good luck!

Back