Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rory has started screaming now....

Post Thanks / Like

Oh, you did tell me this before. Sorry!

Wow - that is really interesting (and scary!). How does this affect her abilities today w/o the left hemisphere? Do you mean she can only use her left hand, or she actualy lost her right hand?

He is on pain killers right now as well as steroids, which should help the symptoms.
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Sheri, I think I remember reading about your daughter. She was a teenager and the story really touched my heart. It was Dr Carson at Johns Hopkins? He's a very gifted surgeon. I can only imagine how difficult that was for you. How is your daughter doing?
    ....Sally
    Mom to Pixie - DOB 5/27/04
    And rescue kitties Max and Sophie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Amazing story about your daughter, Sheri. I've had a friend go through brain surgery and know the courage this takes both for the person having it and from family too. I can imagine how hard it must have been to be isolated from family and carying so much of the responsibility yourself for all that comes after such a serious procedure.

Kendall, I've had a response from Clare Rusbridge to your concerns and have sent that on to you.

Sheri on a lighter note, it looks like you are now able to log in without any problems? I hope so.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Sheri, I'm so sorry about your daughter's surgery - that sounds horrendous and you've both been so brave to cope. ((((hugs))) to you both.

Kendall, so sorry too about Rory's screaming and scratching - he was doing so well, so this must seem a huge setback. I really hope that it is just part of the healing process, and that he can be more comfortable.

I have read a couple of books about animal communcation, Amelia Kinkade's Straight from the horses' mouth and Sonya Fitzpatrick's Cat Talk. Sonya does do individual readings, but they are very expensive - I guess the demand is there since she's been on Animal Planet... http://www.sonyafitzpatrick.com/

Amelia's website is http://www.ameliakinkade.com/

I think we all actually have these abilities, it's just a matter of learning to use them. I know that I have a strong telepathic link with Rupert - especially with him being deaf.

Sending positive, healing thoughts to Rory, and comfort and ((((hugs)))) to you Kendall.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

How's Rory doing? We are sending our best wishes and good thoughts with lots of hugs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I meant to share this story with you about animal communication:

Several years ago, I used to receive a magazine from Eukanuba which included letters from dog guardians. One edition arrived including a letter about a Shih Tzu who used to wee on the mat in front of the toilet overnight. I read it and thought "how ridiculous, why don't they just shut the bathroom door?" I didn't mention it to anyone, and in the early hours of the following morning, Peaches went in to the bathroom and wee'd on the mat in front of the toilet icon_yikes

She'd never done it before or since...so either she read the letter too, or she picked up what I was thinking about...or it's a massive coincidence?

Hope Rory is doing better Kendall, and please let us know how you get on if you do decide to pursue animal communication.

Post Thanks / Like

Must be an epidemic! Shelby peed on her blanket on the couch the other night. She hasn't had an indoor accident since she was about 9 months old and she turned 2 in October!! We decided (my vet, my cavalier mentor and myself) that she was telling me she was "pissed" off that she was neglected that day. I was really busy and on the computer most of the day and into the evening. Normally I break every couple of hours for cuddles and play but didn't that day. She let me know she wasn't happy!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Molly pottied on my bed the other day. It was so uncharacteristic of her (she is almost 3 and has been house trained since she was 10 months old), that I took her in to the vet. Turned out she has a bladder infection and is on antibiotics. Poor little girl. She is doing better, though.
    Donna

Post Thanks / Like

One of our dogs occasionally pottys on my bed too. I've figured out it's a "when he's mad" thing - or that's what I have surmised! It sure makes a mom mad 'tho, esp. when I don't know it's there

Sheri Ramirez
    Lincoln, NE

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Glad we're not the only ones who have potty accidents

Seriously sometimes it is due to a bladder infection, or even full anal glands {which can be painful} but they do let you know when they are cross this way too!