• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

"Pet friendly" or just old and run down?

MGMom

Have any of you noticed that "pet friendly" accommodations are often a little run down and dirty? We take Scarlett with us as much as we can when we travel, but I am starting to notice that these "pet friendly" rooms seem to be subpar to other rooms in the same resort. I suspect that resorts slap the name "pet friendly" on older rooms and charge a non-refundable pet fee rather than refurbish a room that needs a little fixing up ( and I am not talking about cheap hotels.) We just returned from a week in a cabin in the mountains, but I had to spend the first night cleaning the bathrooms! Has anyone else noticed this? If so, how do you avoid it?

I have only had that happen once and that one wasn't toooooo bad. Maybe I've just been lucky. But then, we don't just look for hotels that advertise pets OK; we contact the ones we want and tell them we have dogs and let them tell us they don't accept dogs.

Never really paid that much attention, but I think they usually give us smoking rooms. Sometimes we have to pay a few dollars more and sometimes we have to pay a deposit. You might be surprised how many places take dogs if you tell them the dog is small and sweet talk them a bit.

We have always had good luck when staying in a hotel with a dog, the rooms have always been clean and in good repair. Usually had to pay a few $ more.

Back