Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: one puppy or two

Post Thanks / Like

and then a fifth and sixth..........

And then, before you realize what happened, you're me
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

i have only known about this board for a couple of months so didnt get any advice when i purchased my two....i got Harvey at 8 weeks then 3 weeks later i got Chloe who was 8 weeksi must admit i found it very easy and prefered to do the housetraining all at once than to have to start again at a later date...my two get on really well together they are always together wether it be eating sleeping playing or going for walks..i also found the crate training very easy as they never cried when i put them in as they would cuddle up together to go to sleep...Harvey is now 7 months and Chloe 6 months and both have been fully house trained for the past 2-3 months...they are a delight to own and i have never regreted getting two puppies and wond,nt swap them for the world....on the other hand i am a mother of two children and dont work during the day and with my two children being at nursery and school my days in the early months was spent with them constantly...my hard work has definatly paid off in my eyes...when me and my partner go to work at eveings (we do dj-ing) they is always the babysitter at home who treats the dogs like my children .....whatever you decide good luck xx

Post Thanks / Like

If you and your family have the time and patience- two is "doable." I kept and housetrained *4* boys until they were over 6 months old. They weren't 100% reliably housetrained at 6 months- but they were well on their way. And no, they aren't overly attached to each other <humans are their favorites>. Sandy

Post Thanks / Like

oh yeah forgot to say as woodhaven says my two are very attached to me, my patner and children as as soon as eveing comes and my children are in bed Chloes sits with my husband and Harvey with me on the couch xx

Post Thanks / Like

Hi all,

I was reading this as Gizmo is 1 yr old today and we are thinking of getting a second dog to keep him company.....
    We don't mind if it's not a cavalier once they get on (and it would have to be another small breed).
    Gizmo isn't neutered and we wanted to get him a young girl who would HAVE to be spayed .... 2 would certainly be enough, although I said that about one!!

Karlin - I know you do rescue work and have alot of contacts ... the reason we don't mind if it's not another cavalier is that we were thinking of rescuing a dog (and obviously there's not alot of rescue cavs out there)

I want to make sure that the timing is right for us and Gizmo.
    Do you think it's ok for different breeds to be around each other and what particular things do we have to be aware of, when getting a companion for Gizmo (eg breeds that don't get on etc)

Cheers....