Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Very hard going

Post Thanks / Like

Karlin,

I rang Tom Farrington and have set up an appointment for January 28th with him.

Hopefully he will help me sort her out
    Edel
    I love you Lady

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That's great Edel, let me know what you think and what he says. Fingers crossed!
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Zola was diagnosed with having luxating patella and was immediately reccommended for surgery. Our vet is in the Vet centre in Clontarf. Apart from the obvious pain she was in, what really swung it for me was the vet saying the longer she went without surgery, the more it would worsen arthritis for her in her knees in years to come. She had her first one done in November and is due to go in for her second one in the next couple of weeks. She was operated in the vet hospital out in UCD and they were just wonderful. She was in for 4 days and the vet rang each night to let us know how she was getting on (it appears she was hogging all the attention the whole time she was there!)
    Her recovery rate was surprisingly quick although stairs and jumping up and down from couches are still a no-no (although try telling that to Zola. It's like she's saying "it's ok, I can do it now!")
    In short, it used to break my heart every time Zola's knee would "go" and she came hobbling over to one of us, looking to tuck her head into us for comfort. Now, you can see her recovering day by day, telling those cats that they better watch out!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Buster
    Apart from the obvious pain she was in, what really swung it for me was the vet saying the longer she went without surgery, the more it would worsen arthritis for her in her knees in years to come.
    That's what swung it for me as well. I couldn't stand the thought of seeing my baby in pain in her old age from something I could have fixed. So, we got the surgery done and couldn't be happier with the results. It's been over a year and she is as good as new. She gets her annual exam in another month or so and I'm curious what my vet will say about her knees. I haven't noticed any problems with her right knee so I'm hopeful.
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah