• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Twinkle comes home

joanna

Hi all,
Well, we got Twinkle home on Saturday and she was really quiet for a few hours and then she came into herself. Daisy Boo was absolutely terrified at first and quickly learned how to jump on the couch! However, she is getting used to Twinkle now and realises that she is faster than her. She's settling in really well and loves her food. Daisy Boo is no longer bored but we have to make sure she is still getting all the love without neglecting the little one. I think it's been good to let DB know she isn;t the only furbaby in the universe. Here are the first few pictures:
Welcome Twinkle!
P1070056.jpg

Why does my new toy move?
P1070052.jpg

There's something in my Bed! And I don't mean the frog!
P1070063.jpg

Twinkle meets the Dude
P1070068.jpg

At last there's love (or at least heat!)
P1090086.jpg

lucky you

Ah Joanna,
she's absolutely gorgeous. You lucky think having 2. Hope they end up being best buddies.
Yvonne

Thanks Yvonne,
I'm dying to see your girl too. You have to post some pictures. I hope you're getting on well with her.
Joanna

She's gorgeous icon_heartthrob all these puppy pics everywhere, i want one :cry:

Oh Stephen, you'll just have to make sure OH's view the puppy gallery here... :lol:

Twinkle is so cute; love those little red eyebrows.

We'll have to organise a cavalier party in the Phoenix Park in the spring where all the dogs can get together. :)

Hi all, Thank's so much. We're really chuffed with her. Karlin, the idea of a cavalier party sounds great. I for one would love to meet everyone and their cavs.
Joanna

I usually walk mine either from the garda football field down along the trres and the paved walk towards the Papal Cross or from the Papal Cross around the US ambassador's residence. I might start posting times when I will be going and see if anyone wants to meet at either location. I take mine for a good hour or two walk every weekend at least. Part of this involves fetch sessions and not walking so would be suitable for gathering of younger (vaxed of course) pups as well...

I would also love to meet up for a cav party when the weather get better. I could arrange to stay with my sister the weekend that it is organised. I just know Lady would be thrilled to meet everyone :D

What wonderful pictures. DB is cute as always and Twinkle is just a sweet little ball. I love the last picture of the two of them sharing their bed. Awwww!!

Twinkle is just a little doll, I am really curious and interested to know
how Daisy Boo takes to her. I am hoping to get a Ruby as soon as mom
goes into Season which should of already happened have a feeling that my breeder is just waiting to make sure she is with puppies before letting me know.

I worry so much about introducing another puppy to our home, as Dudley has been receiving all our love for two years now.
But I am hoping that if I am able to get a Ruby that he will become more active in the day he loves other dogs and I would love to see him running around the backyard playing.
Keep us posted on their interaction.
Thanks
Linda & Dudley

Twinkle is absolutely beautiful! icon_heartthrob

I love her little lozenge on her head! Trust me, eventually she and Daisy Boo will be the best of buddies... it already looks like they're warming up to one another (pun intended!)! :D

Joanna, Twinkle is just beautiful and I'm sure in no time they will be great friends. I know my 2 are and I just love seeing them romping and playing together.
Julie and the girls

Hi all,
We've had twinkle 9 days now and things are going great. She is housetrained believe it or not!! Obviously we have accidents but when she needs to go to the toilet she will go to the back door. Put it this way, the mop was used a lot more often when we got Daisy Boo. She will also come and sit which I could not believe. She is a very different dog to Daisy Boo. For starters, she is fully motivated by food and will eat her meals without taking a breath. We had a very hard time with feeding DB from the start and would have to stand over her. Now, she is eating fine because there is a bit of competition. I was well worth it to take the week off work because we now have the housetraining sorted and we were able to work up the time we left them alone (they are alone for 3 hours in the afternoon). There have been a few scraps and a few tears but no injuries - I am not leaving toys down when I am gone as it seems they are the cause of the fights. All in all it's working quite well and we don't regret introducing Twinkle at all. I'll put a post in with latest pictures as soon as I've loaded them up.
Thanks for all the good wishes,
Joanna

Back