• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Jake's annual exam

Cathy T

Jakey buddy had his annual exam today, the first one since his cancer. My vet was very impressed. She said his mouth looks great and she sees no sign of reocurrence!! Hooray hooray hooray! Believe me...I check his mouth regularly. She also said he didn't need to have his teeth clean, a little bit of tartar but not bad at all.

Also, she was impressed with his weight. He's at 22.2 lbs, perfect for his frame. She said she couldn't tell me how many overweight cavaliers she sees.

So...100%...way to go Jakey!!

Fabulous news!!! His heart sounded good, I assume??

I get the same comments about my lean Cav and lab. Most people don't know what a fit dog of either breed looks like because they only ever see fatties!! :roll:

Glad to hear everything looked good. Even better that you are keeping his weight in line. Every now and then we have to cut back on one of our dogs food because they "somehow" put on a little extra weight; and we're supposed to know better!

Great news Cathy! icon_banana

The weight issue is a big one -- I see almost nothing BUT fat cavaliers, and they waddle around slowly like oldies at only age 6 or so. :cry: It's so easy to get them onto healthy treats, too -- mine get as excited now by slices of bell pepper or apple or banana, as they do by dried tripe! It sometimes takes a little time but it is pretty easy to gradually lure a cavalier away from fattening dog biscuits and fatty table scraps to something more suited to a trim waist. ;)

That's great news for Jake and you, my vet is very impressed with Busta and Woody (he is now looking leaner as his fluffy fur is given way to adult fur), he still looks like he has a pea head though. :lol:

Cathy: I bet you felt the weight of the world lifted from your shoulders,
Way to go Jake, I am so happy for him and what a bonus
with the weight loss.
icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana icon_banana

How we all learn from one another. :D :D

rory said:
Did I mention how luckcy Mr. Jake is to have you as his momma?? :D

I'm the luckiest momma on earth!! Now, if we can be so fortunate when Miss Shelby Patella gets her exam in another month or so. I'm very curious to see what my vet will say about her knees. I don't notice anything so I am hopeful all is well on that issue.

Back