Thread: Hi, I'm new and a friend of Monica's (a.k.a. Gudrun the Red)

Post Thanks / Like

Default Hi, I'm new and a friend of Monica's (a.k.a. Gudrun the Red)

Hi,

I'm Lou. I'm a friend of Monica's (Gudrun the Red) and she told me about this forum. She and I are in the same knitting groups. I fell in love with Chester and decided I had to have a sweet dog just like him in my life!

It took a while to convince my husband we needed a Cavalier, but after he met Chester, it didn't take much more convincing. As of Wednesday morning, I'm now a soon to be mom of a beautiful Blenheim boy! He was born 12/15/05 and I think I can pick him up the first weekend in March. I don't know how I'm going to be able to wait that long! I'm about to burst with joy and I cannot wait to bring him home!!!

Monica has kindly loaned me her books until I can get my own so I can do my homework before I get my pup. So, any advice for a first timer would be welcome.

Thank you in advance for welcoming me into your community!
    Lou
    Mom to Becket and 3 cats: Thomasina, Gambit, & Kona.

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome !!
    Janet V.
    Heritage Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Hello and welcome.

what name have you picked for your baby boy? icon_banana

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi and welcome to the forum!! There's plenty of advice and perspectives here and you'll find lots of basic info and goood links in the "library" section of the site. As Heather notes have you picked a name? It will seem such a long wait but the weeks will fly and then you'll have him and have to post pics here to the puppy gallery! icon_banana
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karlin
    Hi and welcome to the forum!! There's plenty of advice and perspectives here and you'll find lots of basic info and goood links in the "library" section of the site. As Heather notes have you picked a name? It will seem such a long wait but the weeks will fly and then you'll have him and have to post pics here to the puppy gallery! icon_banana

Thanks to all who have already welcomed me! I don't have an exact name picked out yet for my baby boy, but I'm keeping a list of names (leaning in favor of good British names) I really like so when I see him for the first name, the right name will pop into my head.

--Lou
    Mom to Becket and 3 cats: Thomasina, Gambit, & Kona.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome! You'll find lots of good info on this site, and good for you for doing your research! Monica and Chester will make excellent mentors! Plus, you've already got a playmate for your new boy!
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Lou
    Welcome, may the days pass quickly until you have your little bundle running around your home.
    This is a amazing source of information, and lots of advice when needed.
    Welcome to the amazing world of Cavaliers.

Linda & Dudley