• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Update on Rory (post-surgery SM) plus lots of Photos!

rory

A few of you have asked how Rory is doing, so I thought I'd give an update.

I was hesitant to say anything for fear of "jinxing" it, but he's actually doing quite well the past week or so! :D We've got the pred down to 2.5mg (half a pill) every other day. Still on the Neurontin three times a day and lasix and MSM. But he's as happy as ever and jumping around like a monkey. :roll:

We had some gorgeous weather today, so I took the doggers to the park down the street and let them run around. :)

2b92405d.jpg

80669b79.jpg

28ecedd9.jpg

Halfway through our playing, our neighbor brought her dogs over:

77d15bfa.jpg

9826a54d.jpg

Last night the dogs got rawhides. Rory got a smaller one and finished early, so tried to steal Shiloh's!!

They were OK sharing for a while:

5872aa34.jpg

Until it got too small and Rory tried to take the whole thing: (notice the cat in the background, thoroughly unimpressed...)

9b1e177f.jpg

It's a stand-off!! Neither of them pulling. Just standing there...
df4e39e8.jpg

rory says, "Fine. I can just sit here and wait it out..."
8589120c.jpg

And the winner is!!!

f482c0a9.jpg

5ad80dd9.jpg

What great pictures!! What a little stink, stealing his big sister's chewy and then gloating!! How funny! :lol:

He looks WONDERFUL and Happy !!! He is a beautiful boy !!! I'll say some prayers that he continues this improvement !!

I love the "stand off" picture. Oh, actually, I love them all. Rory's beautiful, and I hope you have many more happy years with him. He's lucky to have you!

Great pictures of Rory and his sister!! Really love the one with his ears flying. Hope his improvement continues. :)
Julie and the girls

Fantastic pics! Shiloh is so pretty. Rory just looks fantastic -- it is really hard to believe he had his surgery so recently. Is the seam on the back of his head now grown over? I also note the cat is appropriately sitting on a PILE of blanket having found the softest place to sit. :roll:

Rory always seems to be thoroughly enjoying himself -- you have a knack of getting him at joyful moments in pictures. I love when a group of dogs is having such a good time. Keep the pics coming; they are always such a pleasure.

I was trying to figure out the park -- at first wondered if it was Burgess? I am too long away from Davis! I used to swim regularly at Burgess (and at the pool on B street at the lap hour as it was just a short walk from my parents' old house. When they moved to El Macero, Burgess was a but closer). Brings back lots of memories! Davis has changed so much since I was there and even since my parents retired back to the bay area 10 years ago. I'd still like to get up to deLuna jewellers for a nice piece of Navajo jewellery! I have one lovely silver bracelet from Mr De Luna. I used to sell him ads for the Davis High School newspaper and unbelievably, he remembered me and my mother (who bought pieces from him over the years) when we were in there two years ago. :)

Rory just looks amazing, Kendall. I can't believe how good he looks.

We're so thrilled he's doing better - I hope this means that his scratching epsidoes have stopped or at least greatly diminshed.

He really looks happy and is enjoying himself - must make you feel better about going ahead with the surgery when you see him like this - I can only imagine how awful it felt to see him post op.

Back