• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

So after introducing myself....

Were you a dog person before getting a Cavalier King Charles?

• yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
All of your replies are so funny - I can vaguely remember when I used to be so stressed over dog hairs too - my first dog didn't shed, so boy was I in for a surprise when I got my first cavalier! Now it seems everything has dog hair on it - my students at the University where I work laugh every morning as I'm in my office pulling dog hair off my clothes with lint roller & packing tape :lol:

Sheri Ramirez

I also grew up having dogs around me, but when I moved out I couldnt bring a Collie - Lucky with me. icon_crying

So we got Molly ..... Jodie ...... then Tara and I cant imagine life without animals around icon_whistling

We go through more lint rollers than even I can believe.

Oh, and at my house dog hair is considered a condiment!

Bruce H said:
We go through more lint rollers than even I can believe.

Oh, and at my house dog hair is considered a condiment!

Thank goodness for Costco were you can buy in bulk in your case Bruce
As for the condiment which one. icon_whistling icon_whistling
Hey you still haven't replied to what you ate on the connection board.
You got everybody wondering.
Notice it was stated ate not drank, so we know it wasn't breast milk. icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes

I grew up with Greyhounds but although i liked them I didn't love them. When my partner and I moved in together we got a beautiful kitten who died just before her first birthday. Two days after we lost her a cavalier wandered into our garden for some barbequed pork icon_whistling and we fell in love.

He slept at the back door for the night and came in for breakfast the next morning. He was so adroable!!!! His owner fortunatly (well unfortunatly) found him that day. I had never wanted a dog but he made me see sense, it was exactly what i was looking for. I did the research and now have Roxy, or the Monster as she is usually called. I will never be without one again.

I grew up with poodles and a boxer, hubby grew up with Labs and GSDs, our 1st dog together was a GSD but I had wanted a Cavalier for as long as I could possibly remember.
I used to babysit my friends & a neighbours Cavaliers when they went on holiday & it was one of them, Scooby, I became really attached to. He regularly used to 'leave home' and wander round the corner to my house for a cuddle & once he even broke through the fence between our gardens to visit me :lol:

6 1/2 years ago I had a road accident and knew I was going to be off work for a long time . THEN the chance of a Cavalier came up & I rang hubby to tell him to get home from work ASAP as we just had to go and have a look. Four hours later we had passed his breeder's 'test' & cuddled so many cavaliers I felt breathless :D . My eldest son who never really liked dogs was smitten too & the youngest talked about nothing else until we were allowed to bring Maxx home.

Since that day we've never looked back and taken in foster cavaliers as well as the holidaying ones, still LOL. 3 mths ago we also adopted Charlie who is 2 this month. We are his 4th home and he was a terrified little bundle when he first came to us, now he'll jump on anybody's lap for a cuddle and is one of the most affectionate little boys I've ever known.

Hubby and the kids know where they stand too - I've told him that if we ever divorced he could take the kids but I'd fight him for my furrybabies & he'd get them over my dead body :lol: :lol: :lol:

Oh yeah and as for the fur being everywhere, as I tell my non-doggie friends - it's insulation :lol:

Back