View Poll Results: Were you a dog person before getting a Cavalier King Charles?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

18 72.00%
  • no

7 28.00%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: So after introducing myself....

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GudrunTheRed
    YEAH FOR FURBABIES! They love you unconditionally and don't tell you what to do!
    Except growl at you to wake up at 2am, right?!!
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rory
    Quote Originally Posted by GudrunTheRed
    YEAH FOR FURBABIES! They love you unconditionally and don't tell you what to do!
    Except growl at you to wake up at 2am, right?!!
    ROFL! Good point Kendall. DOH!
    "My little dog: A heartbeat at my feet."
    ~Edith Wharton

Post Thanks / Like

All of your replies are so funny - I can vaguely remember when I used to be so stressed over dog hairs too - my first dog didn't shed, so boy was I in for a surprise when I got my first cavalier! Now it seems everything has dog hair on it - my students at the University where I work laugh every morning as I'm in my office pulling dog hair off my clothes with lint roller & packing tape

Sheri Ramirez

Post Thanks / Like

I also grew up having dogs around me, but when I moved out I couldnt bring a Collie - Lucky with me. icon_crying

So we got Molly ..... Jodie ...... then Tara and I cant imagine life without animals around
    Joanne
    Dogs- Molly,Jodie and Tara

If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.

-Will Rogers

Post Thanks / Like

We go through more lint rollers than even I can believe.

Oh, and at my house dog hair is considered a condiment!
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Toronto, Ontario Originally Born In Bonnie Scotland
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce H
    We go through more lint rollers than even I can believe.

Oh, and at my house dog hair is considered a condiment!
    Thank goodness for Costco were you can buy in bulk in your case Bruce
    As for the condiment which one.
    Hey you still haven't replied to what you ate on the connection board.
    You got everybody wondering.
    Notice it was stated ate not drank, so we know it wasn't breast milk. icon_yikes icon_yikes icon_yikes

Post Thanks / Like

i've given up on the hair and lint rolling. As the Borgs said: Resistance is Futile!
    Dogs are not our whole life, but they make our lives whole.
    --Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up with Greyhounds but although i liked them I didn't love them. When my partner and I moved in together we got a beautiful kitten who died just before her first birthday. Two days after we lost her a cavalier wandered into our garden for some barbequed pork and we fell in love.

He slept at the back door for the night and came in for breakfast the next morning. He was so adroable!!!! His owner fortunatly (well unfortunatly) found him that day. I had never wanted a dog but he made me see sense, it was exactly what i was looking for. I did the research and now have Roxy, or the Monster as she is usually called. I will never be without one again.

Post Thanks / Like

I grew up with poodles and a boxer, hubby grew up with Labs and GSDs, our 1st dog together was a GSD but I had wanted a Cavalier for as long as I could possibly remember.
    I used to babysit my friends & a neighbours Cavaliers when they went on holiday & it was one of them, Scooby, I became really attached to. He regularly used to 'leave home' and wander round the corner to my house for a cuddle & once he even broke through the fence between our gardens to visit me

6 1/2 years ago I had a road accident and knew I was going to be off work for a long time . THEN the chance of a Cavalier came up & I rang hubby to tell him to get home from work ASAP as we just had to go and have a look. Four hours later we had passed his breeder's 'test' & cuddled so many cavaliers I felt breathless . My eldest son who never really liked dogs was smitten too & the youngest talked about nothing else until we were allowed to bring Maxx home.

Since that day we've never looked back and taken in foster cavaliers as well as the holidaying ones, still LOL. 3 mths ago we also adopted Charlie who is 2 this month. We are his 4th home and he was a terrified little bundle when he first came to us, now he'll jump on anybody's lap for a cuddle and is one of the most affectionate little boys I've ever known.

Hubby and the kids know where they stand too - I've told him that if we ever divorced he could take the kids but I'd fight him for my furrybabies & he'd get them over my dead body

Oh yeah and as for the fur being everywhere, as I tell my non-doggie friends - it's insulation