Thread: So my little Isabelle has a new obsession

Post Thanks / Like

Default So my little Isabelle has a new obsession

Ice! I was getting some ice water a couple days ago and some fell on the floor. She went crazy and grabbed it and ran and chomped away. Same thing happened last night. Her reaction to ice is my same reaction when I see chocolate. LOL
    Is this dangerous? My husband said most dogs like ice, but I wouldn't know as she's my first dog. I worry about her choking, but at the same time, so much of the ice seems to melt in her mouth and all over my floor, it doesn't seem to be a problem.
    Kat

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I know lots of dogs that like ice -- should be fine for her. Can be useful as a treat for teething puppies too, as it numbs their gums.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karlin
    I know lots of dogs that like ice -- should be fine for her. Can be useful as a treat for teething puppies too, as it numbs their gums.
    She's 7 months old so I'm assuming she's teething. I never did see a baby tooth actually fall out like my breeder told me would probably happen. I think maybe as a treat I'll start giving her crushed ice as it's been big pieces she's been grabbing off the floor.
    Kat

Post Thanks / Like

Abbey loves ice cubes. Even if she doesn't chew it, she tosses it around and pays with it. Then she'll forget about it or walk around with it stuck on her ear.
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jen
    Then she'll forget about it or walk around with it stuck on her ear.
    That's too funny! Would love to see a picture of that! Isabelle's ears were sopping wet when she got done. When the ice goes in her mouth, it's like a waterfall coming out.
    Kat

Post Thanks / Like

most dogs like ice....when the hot wether comes i,m gonna make frozzi bowls .....you fill a small bowl with cold water and add anything your dog likes eg treats or chopped up carrots ect....freeze then hey-presto tip it out in the back garden and they are quiet for a good hr lol great for teething puppies and a nice cooling treat in the hot weather xxx

Post Thanks / Like

Yep, my guys love ice cubes. You can't push the ice maker without both of them coming running. And yes...Jake gets it stuck on his ear all the time...goofy boy
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by chlovey
    most dogs like ice....when the hot wether comes i,m gonna make frozzi bowls .....you fill a small bowl with cold water and add anything your dog likes eg treats or chopped up carrots ect....freeze then hey-presto tip it out in the back garden and they are quiet for a good hr lol great for teething puppies and a nice cooling treat in the hot weather xxx
    Thanks for the good idea! Scarlett begs for my daughter's popsicles all the time. I may just make her some doggy sicles!