• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

So my little Isabelle has a new obsession

jennapea

Ice! I was getting some ice water a couple days ago and some fell on the floor. She went crazy and grabbed it and ran and chomped away. Same thing happened last night. Her reaction to ice is my same reaction when I see chocolate. LOL
Is this dangerous? My husband said most dogs like ice, but I wouldn't know as she's my first dog. I worry about her choking, but at the same time, so much of the ice seems to melt in her mouth and all over my floor, it doesn't seem to be a problem.

I know lots of dogs that like ice -- should be fine for her. Can be useful as a treat for teething puppies too, as it numbs their gums.

karlin said:
I know lots of dogs that like ice -- should be fine for her. Can be useful as a treat for teething puppies too, as it numbs their gums.

She's 7 months old so I'm assuming she's teething. I never did see a baby tooth actually fall out like my breeder told me would probably happen. I think maybe as a treat I'll start giving her crushed ice as it's been big pieces she's been grabbing off the floor.

Abbey loves ice cubes. Even if she doesn't chew it, she tosses it around and pays with it. Then she'll forget about it or walk around with it stuck on her ear. :roll:

Jen said:
Then she'll forget about it or walk around with it stuck on her ear. :roll:

That's too funny! Would love to see a picture of that! Isabelle's ears were sopping wet when she got done. When the ice goes in her mouth, it's like a waterfall coming out.

most dogs like ice....when the hot wether comes i,m gonna make frozzi bowls .....you fill a small bowl with cold water and add anything your dog likes eg treats or chopped up carrots ect....freeze then hey-presto tip it out in the back garden and they are quiet for a good hr lol great for teething puppies and a nice cooling treat in the hot weather xxx

Yep, my guys love ice cubes. You can't push the ice maker without both of them coming running. And yes...Jake gets it stuck on his ear all the time...goofy boy :D

chlovey said:
most dogs like ice....when the hot wether comes i,m gonna make frozzi bowls .....you fill a small bowl with cold water and add anything your dog likes eg treats or chopped up carrots ect....freeze then hey-presto tip it out in the back garden and they are quiet for a good hr lol great for teething puppies and a nice cooling treat in the hot weather xxx

Thanks for the good idea! Scarlett begs for my daughter's popsicles all the time. I may just make her some doggy sicles!

Back