• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

The whites of his eyes

LindaK

The whites of Chester's eyes are kind of pinkish, not really white at all. I noticed it the day I got him (two weeks ago,) and they're still just as pink.

He's seen the vet, but I didn't think to ask about it when we were there.

Am I being silly to worry? Should I call the vet again?

No, they don't seem to be bothering him, but yes, there is a discharge. I thought the discharge was the normal cavalier thing. I've been wiping his face every day with a damp washcloth, hoping to keep any discoloration away.

Yes - eye discharge can be common in Cavs. Reddish staining discharge is normal (and annoying)!

But any greenish discharge or yellow discharge may indicate infection. It may just be the normal color of his sclera (the white). Not all have bright white scleras. There are blood vessels that normally run there that may alarm you if you're not aware that they're normal. Shouldn't look terribly "blood shot", but there is some normal redness and capillaries.

Make sure the vet does a teardrop test - my Sophie is on daily eye medicaiton for Dry Eye Syndrome. She is an 8 year old 'tho and had the symptoms when she came to live with us last year.

Sheri

Back