• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Eye vet visit

debjen

Tomorrow I'm taking Robbie back to the eye vet for a check on his eyes..He had a scratch on the cornea, which is gone, and was not producing tears. At the last visit the eye was so inflamed she couldn't tell me if the lack of tear production was from the injury or some other cause. Can anyone give me some ideas as to what to ask her about the tear production.

Some additional info: Robbie is 16 weeks old. The lack of tears is just in one eye. The other eye is fine. I don't think he is producing tears or at least not enough tears in the bad eye yet. I am using artificial tears (Refresh eye gel) and a cyclosporin drop right now in the bad eye.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated.

"Dry Eye" is a common condition among Cavaliers. It is known to vets as keratitis sicca or keratoconjunctivitis sicca or KCS. There is an article about dry eye and current veterinary research into it at http://www.cavalierhealth.org/dry_eye.htm

Rod Russell
Orlando, Florida USA

thanks for the info..I had previously found that page but guess was hoping to find some other info..At today's appt he has improved..the tear production had gone from a 2 to a 9 (with an 18 in his good eye)..hopefully it will continue to improve.

Back