Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dog toy or cat toy?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Dog toy or cat toy?

OK so are the puppies a cat toy or is the cat a dog toy?! Buck the cat spent a good 1/2 hour in the box playing with the puppies. He is such a patient cat.

Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Is that the same stand-offish tri in the second photo from the previous photo of playing pups? Would be interesting to know if there's one little one who just likes to stand back and observe...

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

That is so cute!!Funny how some cats really enjoy playing with puppies or dogs. He sure is swamped by puppies though -- patient (or crazy) is right. Those tris are so hairy! My two seemed to come from more modestly hairy puppy lines -- at two they still don;t have as much lush coat as your puppies I think...
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Lily Tansy Libby Mindy
    In memory: Lucy Leo
    Cavalier SM Information site:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Moviedust
    Is that the same stand-offish tri in the second photo from the previous photo of playing pups? Would be interesting to know if there's one little one who just likes to stand back and observe...
    Very observant, yes it is! She is very much a people puppy. She does mix it up with the others a lot, but she is much happier being in a human lap. BTW, she is going to a couple that intend to train her as a therapy dog, so I think its going to be a great fit.
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by karlin
    That is so cute!!Funny how some cats really enjoy playing with puppies or dogs. He sure is swamped by puppies though -- patient (or crazy) is right. Those tris are so hairy! My two seemed to come from more modestly hairy puppy lines -- at two they still don;t have as much lush coat as your puppies I think...
    Buck has to be good with dogs, he lives with 9 of them Actually, Buck and Anna are best friends. They will lay down nose to nose and groom each other; Buck will finally walk away when his head is soaking wet from Anna's licking.

Yes, most of the tri pups have a very heavy coat. They are probably going to take after their Grandpa Lazer (Anna's dad).
    Bruce
    MysticKnight Cavaliers

Post Thanks / Like

They are so cute ! I have 6 cats , and they get along with the dogs, and the dogs get along with them so well ! It makes you wonder why most people think cats and dogs dont mix ....soooo not true !

Post Thanks / Like

That is adorable! What a good cat!
    Jen, Abbey (Tri Cavalier) & Gus (White Min. Schnauzer)

Post Thanks / Like

Buck, you won my heart you precious kitty! Our 13 year old cat, KT, did NOT like Jake one bit. In fact, she scratched him across the eye once when he got too close. Poor Jake and poor KT. She has since passed on and that was when we were able to get Shelby. Knew we couldn't get a 2nd with KT in the house, she ruled!!
    Cathy
    Loving mom to Jake, Shelby and Micah

Post Thanks / Like

That's great, Bruce, that the little people-pup is going into service. I'm sure it will be very happy.

Cedar was/is a people-pup, too. Though she's making great strides with dog socializing. She's in a regular obedience course now, with adult dogs, and last night she was driving me mad! She's now miss friendly with all the other dogs, and she wouldnt pay an ounce of attention to me. She would stick herself in amongst the nearby dogs and get them in trouble, too! Then, when I'd call her off, she'd go to the extend of her leash and sit down and just look at me. She wouldnt come to me, and if I took a step toward her, she backed up. She knew I'd pick her up or make her sit still, and she would have none of that!! The minute I looked away, off she was to cause trouble with her puppy friends.

Hopefully your little pup will be better behaved in its training!!

Post Thanks / Like

Wonderful photo's Bruce. We too have a very patient cat. Well, that's not quite correct. Barkley has NO idea he is a cat. At 28 pounds he can be whatever he wants to be. He loves the dogs, hates all other cats; obeys commands of come, sit, cookie (any guess why he weighs 28 pounds?) and the funniest of all - SPEAK. I think the only reason dogs chase cats is because they run. All that prey instinct. Have you ever seen a dog that wouldn't back down from a determined cat?

The babies are lovely! Sounds like perfect homes have been found for them. I do hate to see them go, we will all miss seeing their progress. So when are we having the next litter?

JaneB