• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Dog toy or cat toy?

Bruce H

OK so are the puppies a cat toy or is the cat a dog toy?! Buck the cat spent a good 1/2 hour in the box playing with the puppies. He is such a patient cat.

93867758_adb4cd7065_b.jpg

Is that the same stand-offish tri in the second photo from the previous photo of playing pups? Would be interesting to know if there's one little one who just likes to stand back and observe...

That is so cute!!Funny how some cats really enjoy playing with puppies or dogs. He sure is swamped by puppies though -- patient (or crazy) is right. :) Those tris are so hairy! :lol: My two seemed to come from more modestly hairy puppy lines -- at two they still don;t have as much lush coat as your puppies I think... :lol:

Moviedust said:
Is that the same stand-offish tri in the second photo from the previous photo of playing pups? Would be interesting to know if there's one little one who just likes to stand back and observe...

Very observant, yes it is! She is very much a people puppy. She does mix it up with the others a lot, but she is much happier being in a human lap. BTW, she is going to a couple that intend to train her as a therapy dog, so I think its going to be a great fit.

karlin said:
That is so cute!!Funny how some cats really enjoy playing with puppies or dogs. He sure is swamped by puppies though -- patient (or crazy) is right. :) Those tris are so hairy! :lol: My two seemed to come from more modestly hairy puppy lines -- at two they still don;t have as much lush coat as your puppies I think... :lol:

Buck has to be good with dogs, he lives with 9 of them :D Actually, Buck and Anna are best friends. They will lay down nose to nose and groom each other; Buck will finally walk away when his head is soaking wet from Anna's licking.

Yes, most of the tri pups have a very heavy coat. They are probably going to take after their Grandpa Lazer (Anna's dad).

They are so cute ! I have 6 cats , and they get along with the dogs, and the dogs get along with them so well ! It makes you wonder why most people think cats and dogs dont mix ....soooo not true !

Buck, you won my heart you precious kitty! Our 13 year old cat, KT, did NOT like Jake one bit. In fact, she scratched him across the eye once when he got too close. Poor Jake and poor KT. She has since passed on and that was when we were able to get Shelby. Knew we couldn't get a 2nd with KT in the house, she ruled!!

That's great, Bruce, that the little people-pup is going into service. I'm sure it will be very happy.

Cedar was/is a people-pup, too. Though she's making great strides with dog socializing. She's in a regular obedience course now, with adult dogs, and last night she was driving me mad! She's now miss friendly with all the other dogs, and she wouldnt pay an ounce of attention to me. She would stick herself in amongst the nearby dogs and get them in trouble, too! Then, when I'd call her off, she'd go to the extend of her leash and sit down and just look at me. She wouldnt come to me, and if I took a step toward her, she backed up. She knew I'd pick her up or make her sit still, and she would have none of that!! The minute I looked away, off she was to cause trouble with her puppy friends.

Hopefully your little pup will be better behaved in its training!! ;)

Wonderful photo's Bruce. We too have a very patient cat. Well, that's not quite correct. Barkley has NO idea he is a cat. At 28 pounds he can be whatever he wants to be. He loves the dogs, hates all other cats; obeys commands of come, sit, cookie (any guess why he weighs 28 pounds?) and the funniest of all - SPEAK. I think the only reason dogs chase cats is because they run. All that prey instinct. Have you ever seen a dog that wouldn't back down from a determined cat?

The babies are lovely! Sounds like perfect homes have been found for them. I do hate to see them go, we will all miss seeing their progress. So when are we having the next litter?

JaneB

JaneB said:
Have you ever seen a dog that wouldn't back down from a determined cat?

JaneB

Yes, my Maxx :cry: He is petrified of cats after almost losing an eye to one as a young dog. He'd always loved cats prior to this and the morning it happened he had just stepped out of our French windows into the garden. Suddenly, this cat was on his head. No wonder he's afraid!

Charlie on the other hand protects Maxx from any cat that dares to enter our garden - he's even scared off the Siamese that sits on my garage roof & hisses at me :lol:

You are really lucky to have Buck, Bruce - he looks a big bundle of cuddles too LOL

JaneB said:
Wonderful photo's Bruce. We too have a very patient cat. Well, that's not quite correct. Barkley has NO idea he is a cat. At 28 pounds he can be whatever he wants to be. He loves the dogs, hates all other cats; obeys commands of come, sit, cookie (any guess why he weighs 28 pounds?) and the funniest of all - SPEAK. I think the only reason dogs chase cats is because they run. All that prey instinct. Have you ever seen a dog that wouldn't back down from a determined cat?

The babies are lovely! Sounds like perfect homes have been found for them. I do hate to see them go, we will all miss seeing their progress. So when are we having the next litter?

JaneB

A 28# cat? icon_yikes What kind of cat is it? My wife's mom (she lives in a MIL apartment with us) is on a list for 2 Norwegian Forest Cat kittens. They are supposed to get to somewhere around 20#. Should be interesting to see how that goes.

I don't think Buck knows he's a cat either. He just thinks he's a very poorly marked, very agile Cavalier!! And he is very much a people cat; he always wants top be on a lap, including strangers. Best cat I ever had; he's about 9 now.

My Max is that way too. Answers to "come," "sit," and "bedtime." He is a rescue, but whoever had him as a kitten must have held him all the time. I used to carry him around in a sling....not the most comfortable thing with a 13 pound cat. :D He just loves to be held and danced around with.
:oops: yes, I do that. He goes to the basket and gets his brush to be groomed!

Pixie is the house police. when the cats get into it (playing) she runs up and barks. :D

Buck seems to be having fun playing with the pups! what a sweetie he is!

Barkley was a rescue kitten from the local humane society. At three months we discovered his rate of metabolism was almost nonexistant. He's been on "Jenny Craig" kitty food since then but is a very fat boy non the less. His frame and bones are pretty good sized to begin with but he does have the Elvis syndrome. We find it amazing (as does my vet) that he has non of the obesity/geriatric problems one would expect. Crossing my fingers but I don't think he has ever even had a hairball. Love those rescues!
JaneB
PS If you want a peek at him I did post a couple shots with Beatrice.

Back