• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Vets in Somerset, UK

Nicki

Can anyone recommend a vet in Somerset?

Rupert's family {with their humans :lol: } are moving to Temple Coombe and I'm trying to find them a good vet...

Hi Nicki,

It'd probably be too far away but my neighbour used to use an animal hospital in Glastonbury (just down the road from B&Q as you head towards Wells). She always said how good they were. I used my local vets and whilst I had one good one who saved Maxx's eye (after the cat got him), I wouldn't really reccomend them, as they were grossly overpriced & you rarely got to see the same vet twice.

I much prefer continuity and to build up a rapport with a vet, a bit like Maxx and I have with 'Uncle James' our lovely vet :D In fact i wish i could have taken him with me when we spent the 3 years in Somerset with hubbies job!

How about checking with the RSPCA in the area, they may have a few recommendations.

Thanks Donna - sadly Glastonbury is a bit far, about 25 miles :(

We have an "Uncle Patrick" :lol: although not a Cavalier person, he's very good with them.

csprice - that's a brilliant idea, thank you. I will go onto their website and find the nearest rescue.

If others are looking for vets, there is a find a vet website, with all the Royal College of Veterinary Surgeons registered vets on it here:

http://www.rcvs.org.uk/Templates/InternalHome.asp?NodeID=89659

There's a great vet just off the moorland road in bath. WE used to take our animals there when I was a child. He is a really great bloke and cares so much about all the animals that go to see him, And if needed he accepts pdsa scheme too cavtiny cavtiny

Back