• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

TV Watching

Jen

Do any of your Cavaliers go nuts over animals on TV? Abbey goes crazy when she sees dogs or any other animal on TV. She even bolts off the couch and jumps at the screen! We usually have to turn the channel to get her to stop.
We dog sat a terrier mix a few weeks ago, and she was clueless that the TV was even on. :lol:

Nope, haven't experienced that with my pup, but that sounds like quite a sight! I'd be in stitches, unless of course it was a show I couldn't take my eyes off of.

monty is hit or miss with the tv.

he definitely knows when animals are on, since his ears perk up & he watches the tv. but sometimes he runs & barks at the tv and sometimes he just resumes whatever he's doing (chewing a toy, watching real birds outside, etc.)

Jen said:
Do any of your Cavaliers go nuts over animals on TV? Abbey goes crazy when she sees dogs or any other animal on TV. She even bolts off the couch and jumps at the screen! We usually have to turn the channel to get her to stop.
We dog sat a terrier mix a few weeks ago, and she was clueless that the TV was even on. :lol:

Rory does the same thing! He freaks out over animals - especially dogs - on TV. Shiloh, on the other hand, doesn't notice at all!

Busta and Woody love the vet and zoo programmes, we have a 42" plasma screen which shows them big, sometimes they go round the back to see if they are there....

Maxx detests animals on tv. If it's a dog he will just groan and moan at it but if it's a larger animal he will go demented jumping at the tv and barking. He especially hates horses and cows :lol:

Zola growls at horses.
We found out last week that it wasn't confined to the TV, as we were driving around Stephen's green and were stopped at the lights beside some horses and she went mental!

Yup Gizmo jumps at the TV and barks and whines at dogs on TV .... horses he doesn't seem to like either ..... same thing in that he'll look out the window and see if they are there when he sees that there's no reaction with the other animals on the TV !!!

Both mine bark at any dog barking on TV. Also at wolves howling. :roll:

Chester will bolt off the couch to bark at cats on the TV and sometimes at the dogs. He's not a big barker but the TV will get him going. Also, our next-door neighbor Riley the Papillon will sometimes start barking out on the patio and Chester will bark in response. They're buddies so I figure they're just "chatting" with each other and talking about their day. ;-)

About 1/2 our dogs go ballistic at dogs on TV, the others could care less. When a dog runs off screen, our oldest always looks to the side like she expects the dog to come out of the side of the TV :lol:

My dog will watch other dogs on TV and if they bark she will bark back at them. One time we were watching puppies being born on Animal Planet and the puppies were crying and sqealing... she just kept looking at the TV and tilting her head from side to side. Oh it was so cute. It is hard to explain but that little head tilt thing that they do it so cute!!! I don't know if any of your cavaliers do that but ours do, it is especially cute when the puppies all do it at the same time! :lol:

:lol: That is so cute, my billy watches the tv especially when there is animals on. He doesn't go mad at the screen though. He is a complete snob though thinks he is better than everyone else. The only other dogs/ animals he even looks at are other cavs and rotweillers/doebermans because my sisters dogs are rotties and they are his best friends, I don't think he knows rotties and dobbies are two different breeds. It's quite funny at times in the park the rottiesand dobbies see this crazy cav coming at them like a crazed maniac and run the other way thinking he is going to attack them or something when he only wants to play. :lol: icon_devil cavtiny cavtiny

I have one who does and one who doesn't. The TV watcher even barks at the "baddies". How she know that they are I don't know! :?
Julie and the girls

Bruce H said:
About 1/2 our dogs go ballistic at dogs on TV, the others could care less. When a dog runs off screen, our oldest always looks to the side like she expects the dog to come out of the side of the TV :lol:

LOL Bruce, Maxx does that. He also runs round the back of the tv to see where they have gone :roll: :lol:

Spencer is nuts for the pet police shows on Animal Planet. I have no idea how he can differentiate those shows from any of the others but he just love them. I think he likes to see when they have the happy endings at the end. :D

Back